View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: The Galaxy Key; (Chapter Twelve: Something Legendary This Way Comes)

BEGIN Chapter Thirteen;
Semi-Full-Circle

A woman watched from the dark corners of what was left of the Eterna Galactic Building. This place gave her goose bumps – she loathed it, for more reasons than it was merely a building owned by bad guys. It was a bit more personal than that – of course, if anyone found out this reason, she would be dead meat in any social activity. (She already was social dead meat by nature, though.)

The figure watched from the shadows as three humans moved around below her. Frowning deeply, she tried to work out what was happening right now… three people, one of whom had caused major head bashing in the past, were kicking around in old ruins for no good reason – but they found something.

Something round. And red. And shiny. And painfully familiar.

Yami could feel her stomach lurch. She shook her head, whisking straight, ink-colored hair that went down to her elbows from her face. She was slightly pale, and sported a mostly black ensemble; black shirt and pants, both seriously worn-out by the edges. These were covered by a long trenchcoat, which has also faced its share of tough love.

She removed the large black sunglasses from her face, to reveal slightly narrowed gray eyes, scanning the area like an x-ray. You couldn’t see her eyes, even without the sunglasses, though; a ridiculous black hat resembling that of the crest of a Murkrow covered them. The frown on her face deepened.

“What the heck is he doing? Scratch that – why is he alive?” She stared at the man now observing the piece of the Red Chain once again, and shook her head. She removed a Dusk Ball from her pocket, sent out a Honchkrow of her own, and mounted its back. It flew out of the ruins and streaked over the trio’s head, squawking.

Yami groaned – her cover was blown. She needed to fix Nightwitch’s squawking problem sometime soon.

“What was that?” Kris jumped and looked up.

“It was a Honchkrow. See it up there?” Caro pointed it out. Cyrus removed a Pokéball from his pocket and was about to toss it into the air and send out the Pokémon inside, when Caro stopped him. “What are you doing? It’s a wild Honchkrow.”

“It’s not wild. It had a rider, and that rider was following us.” His Crobat emerged from the red beam of light, a calling card to the black-clad woman riding above – this was fantastic. Just peachy. “Air Slash.”

As Crobat sent out the attack, Nightwitch tried to swerve out of the way. She failed miserably. The Air Slash collided with her, sending bird and rider down to the ground in a crumpled heap – hurt, but alive.

“Hey! You were right!” Kris’ eyes widened as she ran over to the crashing site. She kneeled down and shook the woman. “Hey! Are you okay, ma’am?”

“Get off of me,” she growled in return. Kris frowned. “Well, if you’re going to be that way, fine with me.” And she backed off. The woman got up, and glanced around. She gave a slight shiver, and turned sown to grab a Hyper Potion for her Honchkrow when Cyrus turned her way.

She kneeled down, sprayed it on the Honchkrow’s wing, and kept a hand there as it felt the stinging pain.

“Shh,” she whispered, “It’s fine.” The Big Boss Pokémon chirped softly. “Can you fly?” She asked. It looked up at her and nodded its beaked head.

“Good.” She took another glance at Caro, Kris, and Cyrus, and mounted his back. Shooting a frown in their general direction, she flew off silently.

“Who was that?” Caro mused.

“I have no idea.” Cyrus watched her go.

They watched the silent night air for a few minutes, when Kris broke the awkward silence.

“So, Helio. Any other tourist locations?”

Cyrus hesitated for a second. “No.”

“Well, if that’s all, I’m beat.” Caro swiveled around and began to walk back towards the forest. Kris and Cyrus followed suit, the former gazing around at the dark city.

“Hm.” A figure sat in the undergrowth, crouched low. It was a very odd catlike Pokémon, ears twitching constantly.

“I’m sleepy…” it yawned. “No! I have to keep awake this time!” The brown creature shook its head, and kept watching through its sightless eyes. A vaguely human-shaped body covered in tan-brown armor shifted to keep a center of balance, and a similarly covered tail stuck out behind.

It scampered into a large thorn bush near the humans strolling along – well, they looked like humans but they all had the Aura of Pokémon (although that tall one had less Pokémon Aura than the other two). It positioned itself, tensing the muscles in its legs as the Abra prepared to spring.

Long story short, it sprung – and did so do well that it landed on the tall one’s head. Apparently startled, the human swiped at his hair. What happened next was a blur to anyone who was (hypothetically) passing. The Abra snatched the man’s hand, leaped onto the shorter girl’s head, and grabbed a lock of the boy’s hair in his paw.

“TELEPORT!!”

As the Pokémon landed, the mental spell that someone – something – had laid on it lifted, and the drowsy creature flicked back to its home to sleep, yawning, leaving the other three wherever. He didn’t care.

As the Abra slipped away into nowheresland, it let go of the man’s arm and thrust him forward. As such, when the trio arrived at the Abra-for-hire’s destination, Cyrus got a faceful of mud.

As he got up, he wiped the wet mess of dirt and water out of his eyes. “Disgusting,” he muttered. “What creature did that?”

“I felt a really hard tug on my hair…” Caro rubbed his head as he emerged from a lake. Apparently, he had fallen in. “…and a flash of brown, too.”

“I saw that too, yeah.” Kris nodded, apparently the only one who hadn’t been covered by a wet substance, but ad instead landed on dry grass. She was regaining her balance against a tree. “I think that it had armor.”

“Armor?” Caro and Cyrus said together. “I saw a brown chestplate thing.” She shrugged.

“An armored Pokémon, tan apparently, with a brown chestplate. Small enough to keep its balance on my head and big enough to pull us off balance… there is only one Pokémon I can think of that fits our criteria, but what that Pokémon did was not like it at all.”

Caro and Kris stared at him while they tried to calculate his mini-analyzing speech. “Which would be…?” Caro gestured in a way for Kris or Cyrus to finish the sentence.

“An Abra, right?” Kris suddenly found its name. “That’s the only possible solution. Even though there is no other logical solution, it still acted very different than a normal Abra would have done in a situation such as that. It also clearly had a motive; there is no Abra who ever would have done that for pleasure. Or at all, for that matter.”

Cyrus suddenly became aware that he had been rambling… again. With that, he added another mental note not to go on so much. (This one probably wouldn’t go through either, judging by the success of the ‘never talk to Honchkrow’ concept.)

“Basically, what you’re saying is that Abra – if that was what it is – is working for something that’s making it doing something it wouldn’t usually do.”

“Exactly. Ironically enough, the same thing happened to Magnezone earlier.” Cyrus turned to the sun, which was now sending barely audible sparks of light across the black skies.

As it did, the rising ball of fire illuminated a floating figure perched on the top of a cave far out on the lake. “Sweetness,” it smiled, “I was wondering when you guys would kick it into gear and get over. I wanted to catch up.”

I hate it when he gets all rambling like that... it gets very annoying.

At least I don't scream like a maniac.

HA HA. Helio fell in the mud!

As if you're one to speak...

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)