View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: The Galaxy Key; (Chapter Fourteen? Yah, we got it.)

All Over Again
Chapter Fifteen

A creature plodded into the cave that held what, in its firm belief, was the most respectable and glorious being that Arceus had ever made, ever. Aforementioned being was in the middle of the cave, sitting down, head bowed and eyes closed. The four-legged creature walked forward.

“My lady,” it said in a gravelly voice.

Mesprit opened her eyes slowly. What stood before her was a four-pawed mammal, with a large, imposing, and quite dangerous black scythe jutting out of the side of his head and curving backward, ever so slightly. A similar appendage served as its tail. Sharp black claws lay, unsheathing, on the rocky cave floor, partially covered by thick white fur.

“Absol,” Mesprit said, smiling evilly. “How are our friends faring with Abra?”

“Oh, it was absolutely disastrous, my Lady. Absolutely disastrous. One for the record books, I’d say. It was also quite funny. You should have seen wh-” Mesprit cut in, cursing to herself on using such a talkative spy. Absols weren’t supposed to be gabbing loudmouths…

“Spare me the detail, please. Now, what about Azelf?” Absol looked away. A strong blast of uneasiness radiated from him. “I see.” She didn’t need to ask. “Dismissed.”

“My lady,” The Absol crouched into a deep bow before padding off into the darkness once more.

“Azelf.” Mesprit growled. “If only I could manipulate fellow Legends… then he would drown in his own grief. Oh, yes. That would be fun to watch…” Mesprit’s smile turned from evil to maniacal.

She twitched from her meditating position, and floated up into the air. Slowly, her small figure slid into a side cavern. She followed it, dislodged the guard Pokemon she had positioned there, and entered a smaller cave room.

It was bathed in red glow by two red, chipped stones standing exactly five feet away from each other. She glided over to where an X was marked on a large boulder (moved in by a Machoke), and waited, not so patiently. She felt no regret, none at all.

After all, she was doing the right thing.

++++++++++++++++++++

Caro, Kris, and Cyrus were trudging through wet mud, again. For real this time. It was no Medicham playing with them, or a prophetic dream of utmost importance. They were, quite simply, walking through thick and annoyingly slippery wet dirt. (Hey, what did you expect? Stories like these aren’t explosion-to-explosion thrillfests cover to cover… but, there’s always got to be something awesome, some time in the story. It’s like one of those unwritten laws of literature.)

“We should be nearing a hotel by now,” Cyrus started, “And I’ll leave you to guess what’s beyond that point.” If he or Kris had said any more, Caro hadn’t caught it. His mind was preoccupied with other things.

Caro shivered. He had an odd feeling in his body, like something was about to happen. Life will go on as it always has, things will happen anyway.

But this was different. It was like something very, very big was staring at him from a cage, glowering hungrily, the key slowly being inserted into the lock that kept it secure.

Something was going to happen. It wasn’t going to be fun. That much was certain.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

As the Honchkrow beat its wings, the rider looked out over the blue sky, holding her three-pointed Murkrow hat in place with one hand.

There was no doubt about it – he was back. And he has a couple of pipsqueaks tailing along behind. She didn’t understand any of it, and she hated not understanding something. She always had to understand everything, or at least try her hardest to – and that was her problem.

She directed the large bird to land, and it did so outside of the limits of Twinleaf Town. She didn’t know exactly why she came here, but there was nothing much else to do. She quickly entered the clearing amidst the expanse of tree, and looked out over the shining lake.

A cave floated on an island barely bigger than its contents in the middle of the brilliant, shining blue waters.

“What is happening in there, Lucario?” She asked as she sent out a new Pokemon.

It was a canine, though perched on its hind legs. Jackal ears twitched, as the Pokemon closed its red eyes. There seemed to be a mask on its blue face, with four appendages similar to Mesprit’s – except there were two on each side of his head, right below the blue ears.

Moving down to its cream-furred chest area, a white spike stuck out from the fur. Two blue arms ending in black paws and yet another spike clenched their fists. Lucario shifted his weight, and repositioned his black legs. “Luuuu!” It yelped suddenly. Its paws suddenly flared with blue light, almost like semi-transparent fire.

“Calm down, Lucario!” Yami put her hand on the Lucario’s shoulder. “Something big’s going on in there, huh?” She asked. Lucario nodded, curling his mouth into a snarl.

She took a step forward, but no sooner had she put her foot down that Lucario stuck out a spiked paw in front of her throat. She took a step in the opposite direction, shocked. Lucario shook his fur-covered head at her.

“What?” She said. “Why shouldn’t I go in there?” Lucario fixed a stare on her that made his message quite clear: “Just don’t.”

“If it’s just because it’s dangerous, don’t stop me.” Yami frowned at her Pokemon. Crossing his paws over his chest, Lucario sighed and shook his head again – it wasn’t the danger of an unknown cave.

Lucario wished he could get the message across to her: There is something that will be painful to you in that cave, in more ways than one!

But, alas, he couldn’t. He knew his Trainer trusted the smarter creature’s judgment. And, what do you know, she did. “Fine,” the woman sighed, “you win. We’ll leave.” Satisfied, Lucario nodded at last as he was sent back into his Pokeball.

The woman fixed a last fleeting look at the cave on the island. Her gaze drifted down to rest on her Pokeballs, and she shrugged – what ferocious demon was going to nail her down here? A level twenty Psyduck, at the very most. That was hardly a threat.

Of course, she never expected a Machoke to leap out at her from the undergrowth, and drag her back into the cave, gagged. But, you know, Machokes under a spell do some pretty dim-witted things (not that they’re much better in full control, but who cares?)

Mesprit was interrupted by a slam at the cave wall. Furious, she got up from her solitary position and floated out into the cavern. “What is i-“ It was one of her Machokes, apparently caught some human pain-in-the-tail slinking around outside.

“What are you waiting for?” She said in Pokespeak. “Bring it out so I can see our friend clearly.” The Machoke yanked the woman into the brighter area, eventually forcing her onto her hands and knees. She wore a long black trenchcoat, heavily tattered, as well as a black shirt and pants. Her boots were a charcoal gray, with orange soles. The (in)famous Murkrow hat jerked off her head, as did her dark sunglasses.

'My sunglasses.' That was the only thought that ran through the woman’s head as she felt her body soar forward in the Machoke’s grip. ‘My sunglasses… my sunglasses…’ And then a new blaring alarm shot through her body: ‘If she sees my eyes, chances are I’m dead meat. Urgh, I hate this.’

As the pair of shades clattered to the rock-strewn floor, the woman looked up at Mesprit. The Emotion Pokemon stared, dumbfounded, at her hostage’s face. The confusion settled for a while.

But slowly, very slowly, right in front of the Machoke and his prisoner, Mesprit’s eyes narrowed, and her mouth slowly rose up into a snarl/maniacal grin, pointed teeth clearly visible.

And, what do you know, she laughed. She laughed like a maniac. Again.

To be perfectly honest, the only actual reason she laughed like a maniac is simply because letting the line between right and wrong blur (and, in other words, going insane) does make some creatures laugh like that.

Sorry for the short chapter... it just seemd like a good time to stop. And... look! The Eterna City Lady returns! We know a bit more about her now...

Giratina. Shut up.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)