View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: The Galaxy Key; Check First Post...

Guess what? it's an actual chapter this time!

Welcome Back
Chapter Sixteen

After passing the Lakeside Hotel Caro and Kris were walking along the path with Cyrus in the trees near them. This had quickly become a standard formation, and eventually they didn’t need to tell each other to separate.

It was around nine in the morning, and the two had been training before they left for the beach-border route 222. This meant they were able to dispatch any Trainers fairly easily, simply because a lot of Trainers were around here. As it turns out, they had overleveled and beat many of the stationary Pokemon Trainers without much trouble. This made the relatively long route (and estimated three-day trekking length) go much smoother.

Eventually, they clawed to the large building that signaled the entrance to Sunyshore City. After looking up and admiring it for a few minutes, Caro peered in the giant metal entreance flanked by tacky yellow-painted walls. Kris did the same, and smiled. The streets were deserted, except for at the far side of the city… a huge crowd was assembled there, apparently for some sort of festival. Assuming nobody glanced at the entrance to the city, they should be perfectly fine.

Ah, the convenience of local festivities.

Exiting the gate, Caro casually strolled up to the forest’s edge, standing as if he were admiring the forest. When Cyrus found him, Caro nodded subtly and indicated a short fence.

“Hm,” Cyrus murmured. He got the picture.

As Caro turned and ran back to Kris, signaling to enter, Cyrus approached the fence. He calmly stepped over it (not highly difficult, seeing as the fence was about half as tall as he was). A patch of darkness in the shadow of the huge building seemed to shift slightly, but lay still after. Cyrus walked right past it, and met up with the two teenagers just to the side of the door.

“What’s going on over there? It looks like some sort of festival,” Kris pointed to the group over near the lighthouse. “People here have many festivals and celebrations of that nature.” Cyrus followed her gaze, and his eyes lingered on the lighthouse for a second.

“This place is really big.” Caro mumbled as he looked around at the deserted city. “And those high-up walkways with the creepy blue tiling and everything… what the heck are they for, anyway?”

“Those tiles are solar panels. They power the city with the large amounts of sunlight Sunyshore City receives daily.” Cyrus said to him. Caro was shocked. “You mean people can make electricity out of the sun’s light?” He stared wide-eyed at them for a second.

“Yes, they can.” rumbled a deep voice from the shadows. “You would be surprised what some creatures can do if they put their mind to it…”

All three of them swiveled around to face the tall figure of an Alakazam. Covered in what looked like armor of varying shades of brown, from caramel to chocolate. He was looking at the spoon in his caramel-colored, three-clawed hand, which it was twiddling idly between its fingers. “Some creatures do good things with this ability,” he continued without moving his mouth, eyes not leaving the spoon, “And some… don’t.” The Alakazam shrugged, and looked up at them as the two moustache-like, caramel-colored appendages on his snout bobbed up and down.

“Unfortunately for you two, Neko and Nezumi,” he glanced at Kris and Caro in order- “I have orders to take all three of you. Yes, Akagi, that means you. Especially you.”

“Wait, what?” Caro’s eyes widened. “You’ve got our names all messed up… they sound wrong! Like they’re from that Kanto place, or something!” The Alakazam shrugged. “I didn’t know the names of you two, so I made them up. But I know him.” He pointed one spoon to Cyrus, who was completely silent. “Emrit, as I’m sure you know, wants you destroyed. And it is my post to take you, Neko, and Nezumi to her so that she can finish the job.”

“You’re not making sense, Mr…” Kris stopped.

“Tajiri.” He said slowly. “Tajiri will suffice.” He shifted his weight from one broad back claw to the other.

With those words, the cityscape around them began to separate itself into a patchwork of chrome. The colors twisted and bled into each other, and vision got fuzzier. Soon, all the colors of Sunyshore City had twisted into a deep purple, specked with lighter shadows of purple and some navy blue. This color smear flowed around them for a while, until the colors began to divide themselves again.

Grays of multiple shades positioned themselves into long, thick poles on either side of Caro, Kris, Cyrus, and Tajiri (who was looking around silently, even drumming his fingers on the side of his leg). Some trickled down to the floor and melted into a faded marble, milky dull white mixed with swirls of gray and brown. Darker browns filled the empty space left by the other colors, as a giant stretch of blue flung itself across the ‘ceiling’.

“Teleport,” Tajiri said smugly. “Very pretty, don’t you think?” He looked around the huge cavern with the smug expression still longering in his eyes. Cracked (and intact) Grecian pillars stuck up from the floor, and boulders were scattered around a slab of marble stretching across the floor. A couple of stone arches were placed near the back.

“This is complete overkill.” Cyrus looked around. The Spear Pillar had not changed. “I agree with you on that one,” Tajiri noted, “but I’m just following orders. Farewell.” With that, he turned around and walked out of the open-roofed cavern and into the corridor beyond. “I am finished here.” Tajiri teleported away with a wave.

“Wait a second.” For once, it was Caro who thought of something first. “Isn’t this the… er… Spear Pillar? Isn’t this the place where-” He stopped abruptly.

Cyrus nodded. “Yes, it is.” This is getting ridiculous… His thoughts were interrupted by the sudden swooping of something going at a downward angle very, very fast.

Instinctively, Cyrus jerked to the left. Kris pulled Caro to the right to make way for the buzzing projectile.

A flash of black and yellow shot past him, and the Beedrill landed on a nearby pillar. It scuttled around with its spindly, navy blue legs, and leered at them making full use of the large and dangerous spikes on its front legs and black-and-yellow striped abdomen. It had unblinking red eyes, and two slightly translucent wings jerked and twitched quickly.

It said only three words, before falling silent: “Here she comes.”

It turned its head and skulked backwards onto another pillar as an area above the entrance to the Spear Pillar began to distort itself.

First the colors simply got blurrier, but then new ones replaced them. It started with a magenta pink, arranging itself in what looked like a helmet with four rounded… things sticking out of it. Then, baby blue began to fill out a small body below the pink, shaped like a teardrop with arms and legs. It flowed upwards and finished off the helmet. Near the bottom of the body, two long tails jetted out and ended in what looked something like a spiked club, with a red ovular gem glistening on the left tail.

Just after Mesprit had finished her reappearance, everyone turned around. There was silence for a few seconds, and finally someone spoke.

“Was this really necessary?” Cyrus asked tonelessly. Mesprit nodded cheerfully. “Yep!”

She smiled vacantly like that for a few seconds, and then her face turned to a frown.

“I’m not going to ramble on about my plan in a dreadfully boring monologue like a couple of people I can think of-“ she paused- “so I’m just going to cut it short with this: you did something very, very bad. You got a pretty loose punishment for it. And now you’re finally going to get what you deserve.”

“And how are you proposing that’s going to happen?” Cyrus asked, looking calm but feeling vastly different.

Mesprit shrugged. “Ah, nothing big.” She said loftily. “I’m just going to use an old plot device of yours to rip your souls out of your bodies, simply because you deserved it. And just because you’re a bad person overall…” She shrugged again.

“You do realize that by doing this, you’re technically just as evil and violent as I am?” Came the response.

“Yes. I get that. Only difference: I’m just planning on hurting you three. Not blowing up the universe. There’s a difference, you see…” Mesprit made a circling gesture with her hand, and the frown twisted into a maniacal smile.

“But the method is almost exactly the same.” She removed something scarlet red from the ledge next to her and jangled it casually. Her face lit up in mock surprise as it made a clanking metal sound that echoed all around the room, almost like…

A chain.

Caro and Kris’ faces twisted in disbelief, and Cyrus came very close. “And what reason do you have to use the Red Chain to do so?” He asked.

“Because it’s more fun.” Mesprit grinned. She clearly had planned this out exclusively to use the Chain.

“But of course.” He murmured. “More fun.”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The enormous Celestial Screening Room way Up There, above the clouds and the rest of the universe going on its merry way below them, was watching with baited breath. The Gardevoir giving the 3D projection stopped to rest (it’s hard work, watching something happen a long way below and trying to recreate it using psychic powers) and the Legendaries watching it happen groaned.

“That idiot,” Darkrai sighed, putting his head in one hand. He was slouched (villainously – but that’s just the way he was) in a chair made of obsidian, with a giant jade – what else? – put on the back. The purple stone shone and glinted. “Although, I can’y say I never saw this coming.”

“That’s absolutely ridiculous!” The Arcanine sitting next to Arceus proclaimed. “Oh… sorry, sir…” He inched away a few feet when Arceus glanced at him.

“It is fine,” another Arcanine, eyes shining a fiery red, spoke from the other side of Arceus. Remember how Arceus can do just about everything but talk, so he gets an Arcanine to do it instead? This was one of those moments. “I agree with you completely.”

“Now how did we not see that coming?” Azelf sighed dramatically from his hovering area in the corner. “Cyrus is right – she is making complete overkill on this.” Uxie nodded. He was floating next to her.

“But that is the way Mesprit is. It was bound to happen eventually.” He sighed softly. “Mesprit is one of the most mentally unstable creatures in existence,” he continued, “and she was bound to crack eventually. With disastrous results.”

Entei brought himself from a lying position to a sitting one, his head ultimately reaching Uxie’s body. Entei was a four-legged, gray-pawed creature, covered almost completely in chocolate-brown fur (save for a stripe of cream down his stomach).He wore a multi-layered mask over his snouted face, first with three red spikes on his forehead and one at a downwards angle. Next was a three-pointed yellow piece fixed in his forehead, shielding his eyes. Lastly, a silver thing covering his nose with a spike sticking down on either side.

His paws were gray and broad, with a thick metal ring secured on each one. Overall, a large and imposing dog that looked like it could – scratch that, could – breathe fire if it wanted to.

“I suppose you’re right,” he said in a low, rumbling voice. “She was the embodiment of emotion… Emotion is a terribly shaky part of living creatures. How fitting that she should be out to destroy Cyrus… they’re complete opposites.” His gaze turned to Palkia. “Was this done on purpose?”

Palkia made a face of mock surprise. “Who, me? Why would I do something like this? Nothing I do is important enough to watch in the Celestial Screening Room.”

“The founding of the Pokemon League. The Sootopolis City Incident. Mewtwo’s creation.” Entei hesitated, and then spat out the last example as if it was painful to say. “Ash Ketchum.” The tone in the room got darker than it already was, somehow.

Palkia looked away. “It was a joke,” he said meekly. “Shaymin made me do it.”

Shaymin wasn’t paying attention, even when Palkia said her name. “Does Mesprit know what she is doing? It does not look like it, to me.” The glowy-eyed Arcanine shook his fur-covered head. “No,” he said. “Her common sense has been silenced by her rage.”

The Gardevoir coughed, and everyone looked back to the wisps of light that were beginning to form a scene.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)