View Single Post
Old 03-07-2004, 06:53 PM
Techno Treecko Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Techno Treecko Send a message via Yahoo to Techno Treecko
Default Re: READ FIRST: EVs, Regis, Feebas, Secret Islands, FAQs

My Pokemon aren't giving me any eggs! It's been days! What's going on?

As long as the Daycare Center Man doesn't say "They prefer to play with other Pokemon," they WILL hatch an egg eventually. But, the main reason for the delay is because you thought that egg-laying is based on time.

Egg-laying and hatching are based on the number of steps you take, not how long they're in there. It's not a measure of time, but of distance travelled. So, ride up and down the bike path on your Mach Bike, come back after a dozen laps, and see if there's an egg waiting for you.

Also, your Pokemon will always "not appear to like each other." They'll never grow to like each other. Pokemon will like each other more and lay eggs faster if:
They're of the same species.
They're from different trainers.
If they're from different species, or the same trainer, it'll take a whole lot of steps to hatch.

I want to breed my starter. It's a male.

Tough luck, you CAN'T. When two Pokemon breed, the egg will ALWAYS be of the same species as the mother. So, if you want another starter or fossil Pokemon, you MUST have a female. And guess what? Females are rare. Just save the game before choosing your starter/fossil, then reset until you get a Female.

The only exception to this rule is that Illumise will produce Volbeat and Illumise eggs.

Pokemon that do not produce eggs:

These Pokemon will NOT breed eggs for you, no matter how much you try:

Genderless Pokemon:
Beldum/Metang/Metagross, Magnemite/Magneton, Solrock, Lunatone, Baltoy/Claydol, Voltorb/Electrode, Staryu/Starmie

Baby Pokemon:
Pichu, Igglybuff, Wynaut, Azurill

All Legendary Pokemon can NOT breed.

Note that genderless Pokemon can breed with Ditto, but Baby and Legendary Pokemon can't. Ditto is not in Ru/Sa, unless you use GameShark to get it.