View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Stardy Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Stardy
Default Re: Hip-Hop 101: Who you should be listening to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iReign View Post
I disagree with that statement. I believe he should stay right where he is. I find that his mixtapes > his albums. If you would dig a little deeper one Youtube than just maybe the front page of Lil Wayne search results, you'd find some pretty good songs, and maybe even some with a message. I must admit that Tha Carter III was a disappointment, with only really one track that I REALLY like (Mr. Carter), but Tha Carter and Tha Carter II were really good. I find that his verses were a lot better before he dropped Tha Carter III as well. In my opinion, Wayne can be a monster on someone elses song, but his own can be kind of lack luster. Therefor, he is placed where he should stay.
I have Tha Carter, II and III, and a random mix tape downloaded, to check them out and because my brothre wanted them, didn't like them, at all, hated III, I and II weren't much better either, mixtape (I think it was Da Drought 2) was better than all three, though not by much. The only songs I actually really, really enjoyed by Lil Wayne was My Life and Let It Rock, and both where guest appearences I think, not one hundred percent sure. I think the main reason why I hate him is because of his voice really... it's just annoying and really kills nearly all of his songs. s:

I stand by the Lil Wayne on the Ignore List, but I can kinda understand if he stays where he is. Still doesn't mean I like him though. .

EDIT: Oh, I like Love Me or Hate Me as well, mainly because BLKOUT use it as their theme.

Stardy = awesome

Last edited by Stardy; 08-05-2009 at 01:36 PM.