View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Just Leo Offline
Elite Trainer

Default Re: Website/Forum Advertising

First, a note from our founder: Magician's Cove is a Role Play forum that is based off of the world of Harry Potter and other mythical ideas. It came about like I said from reading the fourth Harry Potter Site. It started off as a short story, so to say my first fan fiction based off of Harry Potter ideas. At the moment and for many years after that I was content with reading the story and adding little stories to it.

I stopped being content with just a story when I got an invitation to join Wizard Portus, by one Rea King. Until that moment I was completely oblivious to the world of Harry Potter Forums or even web sites. I joined the site thinking that it was a way to kill some time on the net while I chatted with friends. Little did I know that website would leave a impact on my life forever.

I have and still do, dedicated a part of my life to that site and I forever will. It taught me many things. And all the while in the back of my mind I was formulating ways to make this story that I created come to life on the Internet. Finally in the month of July, 2008, I took a shot at it. Thus bringing us all Magician's Cove.

I will forever be indebted to King for all of the chances she gave me and all of the things she taught me. It made this site possible.

Now that you have the scoop, I'll explain some other details. Migician's Cove is, yes, based off of Harry Potter and the basis of the RolePlay is Harry Potter based. Although this is true, not everything is Harry Potter. Do you like to know about mythical beasts, different herbs and plants that are only talked about in folklore, and don't really like Harry Potter but the genreal basis of wizards and witches? Well, this is the place for you!

Magician's Cove has gone that extra length and has created brand new houses; Calliope, Mangus, and Sollertia! We have a ton of different RP threads as well as fun, interactive games to play. Gaggles is the main money source, and you gain one Gaggle per post. We have a total of SIX classes at Fortunadom Castle that combine all the classes taught in the Harry Potter series. These classes strive to be both fun and educational; teachers will interact with you in the lesson in an RP format.

We have only just had our Grand Opening on August 3rd, and we would love to have new members! :3 We always enjoy new students that inspire to become the next greatest witch or wizard.

We await your arrival!

Please Note this is all, per se, fiction. Some classes may have real-life information in them, but that's because we are trying to stay accurate. Most things, like Wand Magic, class will be mainly Harry Potter information.

Thank you for your time,
Professor Leonardo Sorburne

.credit.to.ana.