View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Information for Rangers

Credits to Morru Magnum.

This is a thread containing information important to Rangers. Here you'll find info on Wages, a guide for making Log posts, and other such things. It is also copyrighted to Dog of Hellsing.

=====

1) RANGER WAGES

Of course this is what you're all worried about XD. Rangers make money for every post they make, but the amounts change depending on quality of your Battle Posts and whether or not each post is a Battle Post (see below for details).

Ranger Wages:
ChainReaction01
Bumblebee

2) ENCOUNTER ROLLS

At the beginning of any trip into the Park, the Ranger must either a) ask someone from the below list to roll 15 encounters, then PM all 15 to the Ranger or b) make a chatroom, invite someone from the below list, roll 15 encounters and keep the list handy. Either way, whoever rolled or watched must post in the Encounter Tracker thread. If an item such as a Voice Disc or Repellent is used, rerolls left must be redone the same way and posted.

Encounter Approvers:
Dog of Hellsing
Ranger Staff
URPG Moderators
URPG Officials

3) BATTLE STATISTICS

During a battle, you must include Battle Statistics somewhere in each of your posts. This is akin to how refs post Pokemon stats at the end of every turn.

The following is an example taken from my Trial Run RP with Yoda:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Battle Statistics:

BATTLE STATISTICS:

Scizor: 86.91% (Speed lowered)
Glaceon: 67.96%

4) BATTLE POSTS AND NON-BATTLE POSTS/RANGER WAGES II

Every post that contains Battle Statistics is considered a Battle Post. Depending on the quality of your Battle Posts, you may or may not get all the wages you're entitled to each month. If your Posts are sloppy, extremely short, lack realism, and so on, you'll be hurting your chances of receiving full pay. On the other hand, fleshed-out, fair, realistic Posts will help ensure you get all the money you're entitled to. Non-battle Posts (also known as regular posts) also earn a Ranger money. The payout amounts and method are as follows:

Every Wages period, whoever is doing Wages will check four of each Ranger's posts: the first and last in any given RP, a Battle Post, and a random post. Depending on the quality of these four posts, the Ranger will receive:

Non-Battle Posts
$500 for each Non-Battle Post if 3-4 posts are of poor quality
$750 for each Non-Battle Post if 2 posts are of fair quality and 2 are of poor quality
$1,000 for each Non-Battle Post if 3-4 posts are of fair quality

Battle Posts
$1,000 for each Battle Post if 3-4 posts are of poor quality
$1,500 for each Battle Post if 2 posts are of fair quality and 2 are of poor quality
$2,000 for each Battle Post if 3-4 posts are of fair quality

5) TRAINER STATS

At the end of each post, Rangers must include the following information:

Trainer Name
Area Effects (Remaining Encounters, as well as things such as Repellents or certain Pokemon Abilities)
Pokemon Stats (Include Nature, Ability, HP, and any changes in stats/status condition)
Total Items
Total Captured Pokemon

It can be in any order you want, and you can include other things if you like, but these are the main things you need to keep track of during the RP.

The following is an example of Trainer Stats from my Trial Run RP with Dragoness:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Trainer Stats:

Trainer: Dragon

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining: 15

Pokemon Stats:
-Hardy Female Gabite (No EMs, Sand Veil Ability) 100%
-Calm Male Gyarados (TM Fire Blast, Intimidate Ability) 100% <Currently out of Ball / Currently engaged in battle>

Total Items: x2 Full Heal ; x2 Hyper Potion ; x5 Park Balls ; x3 Super Balls ; x1 Hyper Ball

Total Captured Pokemon: n/a
Note: It's the Ranger's decision to count encounters before or after each Encounter ends. In this example, Dragoness had encountered a Sandshrew, but you can see the Encounters Remaining is still at 15. This is because I wasn't going to subtract an Encounter until after the battle. Do it whichever is easier for you.

6) POSTING LOGS

Rangers have Logs, just like Refs, which helps those doing Ranger Wages decide how much money each Ranger gets every wages period. The following info is needed for each Log:

Link to RP
RP Log Number
Trainer Name
Links to Battles Posts: Post #1 ; Post #2, Post #3, etc etc etc
Paid Till Here link

Include a link to the first post of each RP you do, so those doing Ranger Wages don't have to search through page upon page to track down all your RPs. Every RP you take part in has its own Log. So if you've taken two Trainers through the Park and accept another, you would be on Log Number 3. If you like, you can make your Log Number the link to its matching RP; just make sure you make it clear the link is there. The Trainer Name is the name of the member, NOT their RP character name. Location should be self-explanatory. Pokemon (T) means the Trainer's Pokemon and Pokemon (W) means the Wild Pokemon. Finally, the Links to Battle Posts are just that; links to each Battle Post that take place in the RP. Doing Logs by RP instead of by individual posts allows those doing Ranger Wages to quickly scan through the RPs you been in to check and make sure all claimed Battle Posts are, indeed, Battle Posts. After each Wages period, edit the Paid Till Here link to show the last post you were paid to. This lets Rangers quickly, easily, and accurately find which post you will start being paid from next Wages period.

The following is an example of a Ranger Log:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
RP Log #1
Trainer Name: Dragoness
Gyarados v Sandshrew
Links to Battle Posts: Post #1 ; Post #2 ; Post #3 ; Post #4
When either the Trainer's or the Wild Pokemon change, you can edit the Pokemon (T) v Pokemon (W) section and then pick up the Battle Post count from where you left off before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
RP Log #1
Trainer Name: Dragoness
Gyarados v Sandshrew
Links to Battle Posts: Post #1 ; Post #2 ; Post #3 ; Post #4

Gabite v Geodude
Links to Battle Posts: Post #5 ; Post #6, etc etc etc
You can also begin a new count if you'd rather do it that way.

Also, if your Trainer's RP is in the Main RP, please post a link to ALL posts in your Log so Rangers can easily find them.

Note that in that example, I did not include a link to the RP or a Paid Till Here link. This is because the example was taken from an RP where these things weren't enforced. You MUST include these things in each post of your Log.

7) LABELING POSTS

All posts made by a Ranger must either be labeled BP (for Battle Post) or NBP (for Non-Battle Post; you can also use something else, like NP or NB). This way, Rangers can easily see what kind of post they are giving Wages for.

=====

I believe this is it for now. PM/IM/VM me if I've forgotten anything, and have fun doing your Rangerly duties!

Last edited by WinterVines; 03-31-2013 at 08:34 PM.