View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Dragoness Offline

Default Re: URPG National Park Main RP

Ranger Amonea
Meteor Valley
~~~

"That's easy. Ripper, I know the smell if bothering you worse than us, so do everyone a favor and blow it right back at that smug little dog!" Saundra ordered. "Use your wings to blow the air at it, and then follow up with a little bit of high-noon shooting while it's distracted!"

Deciding it was prudent to back off even farther, so I wouldn't be close to the Mightyena, I took several large steps backwards. "Good idea," I said. I chose not to ask what code Saundra was using--one it would alert the wild Pokemon, and two I wasn't that curious. Soon I would see what code she was using, besides, I was more impressed that she thought to use secret code. Most trainers don't.

Ripper's wings became a silver blur as he beat them back and forth rapidly. Mercifully, I was not bombarded by the stink a second time around. Mightyena twitched its nose, obviously sampling the new odor. Then it shrugged, as if saying "This don't bother me." What happened next did bother it a bit.

Scizor jumped forward at an alarmingly fast pace, swinging out his sharp pincers. They glowed a soft red. Mightyena had other plans though. Its large paws glowed a cool violet, its fierce red eyes widened and then WAM! It jumped forward and met Scizor head-on, slamming into him with a sicking crunch. They both hit the ground hard, causing a small eruption of dust that billowed up around them. As soon as I could see clearly, I gasped.

Mightyena was struggling to its feet, its shiny black coat now thick with dust. Ripper was already on his feet, his little wings buzzing furiously. A couple cuts were on his hard shell. Of course, Mightyena had used Sucker Punch, which was a Dark attack. Dark against Steel barely caused any harm. It appears that this Mightyena had a Rash nature and had attacked without thinking. Oh well.

It was then I noticed Saundra looking at the walking stick I was going to give her. Her gaze was very intent, to a point I found uncomfortable. Trying to catch her eye, I shook my head slightly. If she were to use the stick to protect herself, well, that would be one thing. If she used it to help capture this poor Mightyena, well, that won't do at all. It is one thing to find a Pokemon, battle it fair and square and then capture it. If the Pokemon chooses not to be with you, it will run. Most don't. It is another thing to try and even up your odds by bashing the creature over the head. Besides, I bet it would only piss the Mightyena off and have it attack the poor girl.

I could be wrong, she may only want it to defend herself, but if she didn't...

"Well, that was interesting," I spoke quietly. "I guess Mightyena was faster in its attack, but to be honest, I can't tell which attacked first. It was like a head-on collision. By the way, good idea on keeping your attacks secret." I smiled. "Very good idea." I decided I was wrong. To often I am not at all trustful of other people and Saundra seems sweet and intelligent. A little to eager in my opinion, but I liked her.

---

Mightyena 70%
Ability: Quick Feet
Nature: Rash
Attack used: Sucker Punch

vs.

Pokemon: Scizor {In combat} 88.5%--evasiveness lower
Nickname: Ripper
Ability: Technician
Nature: Serious
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Substitute ; TM Rest ; TM Roost ; TM Return ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Toxic ; TM Brick Break ; TM Swagger ; TM Sandstorm ; TM Aerial Ace ; TM Protect ; TM U-Turn ; BM Light Screen ; BM Baton Pass

Encounters Remaining: 15

Area Effects:

Trainer: Saundra Blake, aka Tyranitar_Trainer

Official Location: Meteor Valley

Change: 47,000

Total Items: Hyper Ball x10; Family Repellant x10 ; PokeDoll x5

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Gengar {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Shade
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Impish
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Sludge Bomb ; TM Substitute ; TM Attract ; TM Will-o-Wisp ; TM Psychic ; TM Psych Up ; TM Rest ; TM Snore ; TM Energy Ball ; TM Hidden Power [Flying] ; TM Focus Punch ; TM Protect ; TM Taunt ; TM Embargo ; TM Counter ; TM Focus Blast ; TM Thunderbolt ; BM Haze

Pokemon: Dragonite {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Seagem
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Sassy
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Surf ; HM Waterfall ; TM Substitute ; TM Earthquake ; TM Rock Slide ; TM Roar ; TM Ice Punch

Pokemon: Froslass {Not in combat} 100%
Nickname: Jess
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Gentle
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Psychic ; TM Thunderbolt ; TM Water Pluse ; TM Taunt ; TM Safeguard ; TM Thunder Wave ; TM Substitute ; TM Psych Up ; TM Hidden Power [Rock] ; TM Shadow Ball ; TM Sleep Talk ; TM Embargo ; TM Light Screen ; MT Trick
~~~

Total Captured 'Mons: Zero

Pokemon we've run into: Mightyena

Ongoing battles: Mightyena vs. Scizor

Last edited by Dragoness; 09-15-2009 at 09:55 PM.