View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 01:27 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Default Re: Pokemon Chronicles: The Next Generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giratina View Post
Whoa, whoa. Is that a- it is! It is a 'don't like it, don't read it' excuse!!

I think you misunderstand what I'm trying to say.

I read your first post and replied, saying that Whitney was female and therefore couldn't be a father unless... some strange things happened. AFTER I posted that, you posted this:

That use of 'don't forget' implies I should have known it already, right? Upon reading the first post again, you didn't say when this story was taking place, so I assumed that it was in the current time frame.

In other words, I HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING THIS WAS IN THE FUTURE.

And I'd rather not be reprimanded for your forgetting to type something, thanks.

Do you understand now?

Anyway, go right ahead with the 'Pokémon World is at war IT IS MATURE NOW YAY' ploy. I'm just saying that I'm sick and tired of writers trying to make their story different like that. Go ahead, write your little fic that takes everything we hate about the real world and drops it into a kids' fandom. [arm wave]
Wow, what a spazzy reply. o_o As far as I could see, Temp wasn't being rude in saying 'don't like, don't read', they were merely stating that they weren't trying to force the idea on you and that they knew not everyone is going to like it. Plus you already said you don't want to read it, so why was that a problem? I really don't think Temp meant anything bad by the comment. =/

Ok, on the whole "pokemon war" thing, I say, if you want to write about it and have good ideas, go for it. Just make sure it's done well. I don't really look for stories that involve wars, so I haven't exactly read any, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't give such a story a chance to see if it was done in a way I'd like.

Now, just because some people don't like it (me included, usually, though like I said I can't just say I'd hate all pokemon stories involving wars; it would depend on how each story was done), that does not mean no one will, or that you shouldn't write it. I mean, if everyone decided not to write something because someone told them not to because they wouldn't like it, no one would be able to write anything! The whole war thing will probably be a hard concept to pull off, so make sure you put a lot of thought into what'll happen in the story before you write it. Good luck with wherever you decide to take this story!

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-