View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Dog of Hellsing Offline
Witty

Send a message via AIM to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via MSN to Dog of Hellsing Send a message via Yahoo to Dog of Hellsing
Default Individual RP: Metallic Houndoom

Ew.

It was getting ready to storm something fierce, and we'd had to close the port in light of the coming squall. The last ferry coming for several hours had just docked, and as thick, dark gray storm clouds rolled overhead, Trainers disembarked from the vessel and hurried towards the Outpost. In the near distance thunder rumbled ominously, and I could see flickering tongues of lightening lashing the sky several miles out to sea. The sea, thought relatively calm at the moment, was still a bit choppy. It would be worse soon, and I was glad the ferry had made it before then.

I stood inside the doorway of the Outpost, watching nervous-looking Trainers hurrying towards me. I nodded aimlessly at the group and moved back and the the side, stepping out of the way so the harried-looking crowd could get inside. After the ferry's captain had joined everyone else, I shut the door and made sure it was locked before going to the front counter. I lifted a hinged section and stepped behind the counter, moving to a computer and booting it up before clapping to gain everyone's attention. Once the group in the room had fallen silent and turned to face me, I cleared my throat and started speaking.

"Well, I'm pretty sure everyone realizes that we've got a nasty storm coming our way. The Park is temporarily closed to everyone not already on the island in light of this. Those of you that are here will be taken to your chosen areas, but once the storm starts, everyone goes to their closest Outpost to wait it out. Your Rangers will stay with you the whole time, of course. Once the storm blows over, however long that takes, everyone can resume their visit. And just so you know, no one will be charged again if the storm doesn't let up till tomorrow.

"Now then," I said, mostly to myself, as I accessed the database of Trainers that had signed up before coming out. "Right, it seems most of you are going to be doing all the paperwork in person, so everyone who wasn't reserved, please come up and get a clipboard. Once you're done I'll put in a call for a Ranger to come pick you up. Those of you already signed up...oh, there's only one." I glanced up from the computer screen and called, "Zack, you here?" At my hailing, a young man with shockingly electric blue eyes came forward. I nodded at him and addressed the crowd in general. "Seeing as Mr. Zack here was pre-registered, that means he has priority. I'll call in our secretary and he'll call in Rangers, seeing as I have to lead this young man to..." I glanced at the computer screen, "ah, the Abandoned Power Plant." I picked up a phone and dialed the number for one of the Park's desk attendants, a middle-aged man named John. A few minutes passed before he showed up, and by then several Trainers had finished filling out the appropriate paperwork. As they started turning it in, I motioned for Zack to follow me before turning and heading through the same door John had come through. Once we'd walked down the long, bland hallway and exited the back door, I halted and glanced at the young man.

"Now then, normally we'd take one of these cart things to your location," I told him, waving at the small parking lot full of golf-cart like vehicles. "But just in case the storm hits early, I decided it'd be better to use a faster method of transportation. So I'm letting my Kingdra Oceanstar take a break and borrowed an Abra from one of the other Rangers." I pulled a PokeBall from my hip-pack and released a small, child-sized Pokemon from inside. The saffron-skinned Pokemon materialized sitting down, its wedge-shaped head leaning against its chest as if it were passed out. A thick tail curled around its side to rest in the Pokemon's lap as large, triangular ears twitched atop its head. It had brown plates covering its shoulders. The little creature's eyes were clamped firmly shut as it sat there, rather unresponsive. "His name's Poko," I added, smiling as I knelt down beside the Pokemon. I then reached up and grabbed one of Zack's hands, putting my other on Poko's left shoulder and saying, "All right, Poko, take us to the Abandoned Power Plant!"

Instantaneously we vanished with a loud crack and a dim flash of white light and reappeared in the same manner, taken several dozen miles in less time than it took to begin drawing a breath. Poko had done well, bringing us directly inside the old sprawling building. We appeared to be near the middle of the plant, as was evident by all the turbines and other large, heavy pieces of shadowy equipment. Above us, the bare light bulbs radiated feeble yellow light, barely enough for us to see by. I recalled Poko and faced Zack with a smile, pulling free another PokeBall and releasing my Porygon-Z, Databyte, from within.

"Well, here we are," I said as Databyte hoved silently near my head. The sleek, fuschia-colored Pokemon rotated its long, thin blue arms, which were unconnected to its body. A long slender tail the same color as its arms hung down from its rear. A slender horn jutted from the top of the Pokemon's head, and a blue snout that resembled a duck's bill grew from the front of its face. A blue stripe the same hue as its arms and tail circled around its chest and back, and strange yellow eyes glowed gently with electrical energy. Databyte made a contented humming noise after a second; it was quite fond of this place, despite the fact that the only electricity here was powering the lights. The machinery here had long since been silent, sitting unused for many years. I could never understand why so many Electric Pokemon were drawn here; maybe there was still unspent electricity in the air and machines, even after decades of non-use.

"Now then," I said, spreading my arms, "what do you feel like doing? We could explore this area, or we could go somewhere else. I know where we are, so I can take you anywhere else in here if that's what you like."

=====

Trainer Stats:

Name: Zack
Money: 750

Area Effects:
Encounters Remaining- 15

Pokemon Stats:
-Gentle Genderless Porygon-Z (TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Thunder, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Hidden Power (Steel)) <Adaptability Ability>
100%

-Brave Male Gliscor (TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Earthquake, Stone Edge) <Hyper Cutter Ability>
100%

-Hasty Male Weavile (TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: X-Scissor, Surf) <Pressure Ability>
100%

Total Items: 2 Mega Puffins, 5 Max Potions, 10 Hyper Balls, Digital Camera
Total Pokemon Encountered: n/a
Total Captured Pokemon: n/a

^Rock Musical Bleach^

Last edited by Dog of Hellsing; 09-22-2009 at 04:30 PM.