5. Marianas Trench
6. The Escape Artist
7. Indonesia
8. Paradox
9. Meridian
10. Rationalist
11. Meddler
12. Crusades

After months of searching for new music and discovering some great new bands, I've come to realize that I really, really hate this album. It's pretentious, mediocre, and downright boring to the last degree. Although I once tried to make out that August Burns Red was a shining hope in a sea of mundane Metalcore, they are no exception. The riffs are repetitive and poorly-written. The solos (if you can call a five to ten second attempt at a somewhat creative lead a solo) are unimaginative and require little technical ability. The bass is essentially nonexistant (what a shocker). The vocals are pretty much what you could expect from any Metalcore band. Other than a few attempts at some low grunts, Luhrs doesn't deviate from his monotonous midrange growls. Greiner is a decent drummer, I'll give him that, but his average performance on Constellations certainly isn't enough to save the album from falling into a predictably awful pattern. Then there are the lyrics. When they aren't fraught with attempts at semi-philosophic, but nearly unintelligible symbolism, they're simple, nauseatingly redundant acclamations of the band's faith in the Lord. Don't mistake me for some anti-religious prick who refuses to listen to a band if they contain the slightest trace of Christianity; I'm not. But it annoys me when a band tries to use paint-by-number, faith-vomiting lyrics such as these as a substitute for intelligent, emotional songwriting. If you want to proclaim your faith to the masses, that's fine. Just find a way to do it that isn't so painfully obvious and overused.

All in all, this is a truly awful excuse for music. I would've gone into more detail, but I feel that the effort I put into reviewing an album should directly reflect the effort that the band put into creating the album. Trust me, I've already more than held up my end of the bargain.

Final Rating: 0%

"Because without Twitter... You're f*cking nothing. Your life is just a burnt-out shell. You're like a husk."

Last edited by Woodchuck; 06-28-2010 at 04:00 AM.