View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 03:31 AM
Phantom Kat Offline
ˇCon ganas!

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Kat Send a message via MSN to Phantom Kat
Default My Guardian Angel (PG-13) [Chapter 14 is up!]

^ Made by my good friend, Natalia ^

Okay, this is my second attempt at a chaptered, fan fiction story here on Pe2K. After going through the idea in my mind and chapter through chapter, I have the whole story laid out and ready to be typed. Many thanks go to my good friend Natalie for kicking my butt into gear after months of not doing anything with the idea. I am determined, hell-bent, on making this my first finished, chaptered story ever.

Also, this story was partly inspired by Darth Murkrow’s Chronicles of the Shards A very good, well-written fan fic that deals with the Legendary Pokémon. Sadly, Darth has gone inactive, but it's still a really good read!

_____

Sites Posted On:

- Pokemon Elite 2000
- Serebii
- FanFiction.Net (as PhantomKat7)
- PokeCommunity
- Bulbagarden Forums

_____

Notes:

PG-13: This story is rated PG-13 for violence, death, and some language here and there (nothing vulgar, though). There’s nothing in here extremely graphic, but there will be descriptive scenes.

Legendaries: This fan fic revolves heavily around the Legendary Pokémon, and not just a few, but about a good 70% of them are involve in one way or another. If this isn’t your cup of tea, or you’re hoping for the Legendaries to take a back seat in the plot, I suggest you don’t read.

Updates: I write slowly, very slowly, and then there are times where I don’t have time to write. If I don’t update in a while, it merely means I don’t have the time to write, not that I forgot or abandoned this story. Starting November though, I expect to be writing a lot more, so stay tuned for that!

Comments: Comments are greatly appreciated. I’m having fun writing this, but it’s more fun to write it and know that other people are enjoying the ride as well. Even if you only read a snippet of a chapter or just browsed through a few lines, please comment; it’ll make my day. ^-^

_____

Character Profiles: Be warned; they contain spoilers!

Spoiler:
Legendary Pokémon

Arceus (Gender: Male) He is the Father of the Legends and the rest of the life on Earth. Arceus has great faith in the Council of Legends, so there are times where he will attend and immerse himself into other matters. This leads to him being unaware of situations and problems that arise in his absence. His heart is kind to all and, most of the time, masks the fact that he wields great power. This, for example, leads Mew to believe his father is soft and unable to make important decisions. Arceus is the only one who deals out Judgments to souls; he is unaware of Mew and Celebi’s business in Purgatory.

Mew (Gender: Male) Mew is one of the oldest children of Arceus and an active member of the Council of Legends. In the blink of an eye, he can hide his cynical personality under the façade of righteousness and understanding that he uses to manipulate the current situation to his favor. Whenever things are going his way, his mood shifts into cruel playfulness. It has been revealed that he wants to eliminate sinned and unworthy souls in Purgatory in order to convince Arceus that he can lead Earth into more prosperous times. Mew is so dedicated to his duties as a Legend that he will go to great and dangerous measures to accomplish his goal.

Celebi (Gender: Female) Celebi is also one of Arceus’ oldest and most trusted of children, and she is Mew’s loyal partner. Although her steel resolve is unwavering, her temper is short; those who lit her anger face an onslaught of her power. The only one who keeps her in check is Mew, whom she will forever see as her big brother. Though she has discovered there are things in Mew’s grand plan she does not fully agree with, her admiration and loyalty to him dispels the uncertainties.

Jirachi (Gender: Female) Jirachi, in comparison to most of her Legendary ilk, is young and a bit naďve when it comes to judging those around her. She tries her best to make the rest of the Council of Legends hear her out, and even when they don’t, she’ll go to great lengths to try and fulfill her duty as a Legend.; this causes her to overlook the consequences. Jirachi is the one who tries to stop Mew and Celebi from destroying souls in Purgatory, but she had no choice but to escape when her brother and sister almost killed her in their quest to see their plan through.

Deoxys (Gender: Male) An alien who had crash landed on Earth after being forced to escape his exploding, meteor home, he was trapped by Mew in a cave while the Council of Legends decided whether to let him stay on Earth or force him back into space. After fleeing his prison and colliding with the territorial Rayquaza, Arceus took him to Birth Island, where he will live unless ordered otherwise by the Council. After finding out that Jirachi had vouched for his stay on Earth, Deoxys promises to himself that he will one day repay the debt.

Other Beings

Death (Species: Dusknoir ; Gender: Male) Death is, besides the Dusclops guards he has under his command, the sole ruler of Purgatory, and on top of wielding the normal Dusknoir abilities, he also has the power to transport the souls of the dying to the realm of the waiting and build illusionary villages for them to settle in as they wait for Judgment. Death has some contempt to the Council of Legends for he believes they are just upholding their guardian duties to the living realm of Earth and forget Purgatory and its inhabitants. The only one who has gained his trust is Jirachi when she came into Purgatory for his help. Currently, he is waiting for the right soul to come along and help him with his Purgatory duties

Mark Antony Colfax (Species: Human Soul ; Gender: Male ; Age: Eternally 25 ; Died on October 29th, 1725) Mark Antony was a prominent, young Sergeant of a Johtonian regiment during the Region War. After a disappointing battle, Mark Antony led a handful of soldiers towards where he believed a Kantonian regiment rested. However, things did not go as planned, and he ordered his men to retreat while he was warped near New Bark Town by a Pokémon that was supposed to be under his control. When he got his bearings, he found an injured Jirachi and trekked through a bombarded New Bark Town to get her to the Pokémon Center. He was forced to leave her to her devices when the Center was found destroyed, but shortly after doing so, Mark Antony was captured by the very Kantonians he first sought and executed.

Now, after Death faced off against Mew and Celebi in Heaven in verbal combat, Mark Antony is the Dusknoir’s assistant. His job is to take over the bodies of Pokémon and protect humans that are in danger of dying before their time, no matter who they are.

Mark Antony is always confident about himself and is insanely loyal to his region of Johto. Most of the time, he comes off as cold, especially towards those who don’t know him, and his trust is hard to gain. His attitude towards those he doesn’t know is indifferent. Even after his death, he greets a Kantonian with a scowl and a glare.

Mark Antony, like every other soul, is invisible to humans and sensed by living Pokémon on Earth. He can also levitate, and sometimes fly, as well as pass through solid objects. With the power of his scythe, he is able to take away a Pokémon’s soul and inhabit its body for weeks at a time. As a Pokémon, he can use Pokémon attacks and perform physical feats he otherwise wouldn’t be able to.

_____

Fun Facts and Trivia:
  • Mark Antony is able to play the piccolo and the snare drum quite well. This is because he was a drummer boy and a piccolo player as a kid for one of the Johtonian regiments. He got out when he was old enough to join the military as a soldier at the age of fifteen.

• The first Book, or the first twelve chapters, were originally not included in My Guardian Angel. The events in Book One were going to be mentioned in passing in Book Two. However, after picking up the plot draft months after, it was decided that these events needed their own chapters.

• Originally, My Guardian Angel was going to be a URPG capture story for a Lucario. It was going to start at the beginning of Book Two and only last for about three chapters.

• Mark Antony was inspired by Marcus Antonius from the play Julius Caesar, most notably because of his speech at Caesar’s funeral.

• Mark Antony was a trainer in modern day Orre in the first plot draft. He stole Pokémon and was much more cold-hearted and harsh. His death was during a battle against the famous Red, who confronted him to put a stop to his crimes, and his memories were taken by Mew before he became Death’s assistant. See Special Chapter 01 for a more in depth story on this.

• Celebi was originally male and just as malicious as Mew.

_____

Dates/Accomplishments:

September 24, 2009: Finished outlining the story, chapter by chapter.

September 27, 2009: Actually started writing the darn thing! Yay!

October 5, 2009: Finished Chapter 1. Chapter needs to be proofread.

October 8, 2009: Posted My Guardian Angel along with the first chapter.

October 17, 2009: Finished Chapter 2, though it needs proofreading. I'm glad how it turned out, and it seems I have started to stray from my chapter-by-chapter outline already. xD

October 18, 2009: Chapter 2 is now posted. :D

November 1, 2009: Uploaded some Halloween fanart. Yes, I know I'm late. xD

November 17, 2009: A whole month later, I finished Chapter 3. I swear, writing the second third of this was like pulling teeth: slow, sort of painful, but necessary at the end. But hey, this chapter is very important, so I had to take special care in writing this one. Will start proofreading tomorrow if I can.

November 22, 2009: Chapter Three is finally posted. I'm glad how it turned out, and this marks the climatic start of the plot. ^^

December 11, 2009: Put up Character Profiles.

December 22, 2009 Exactly one month later, Chapter 4 is posted.

January 17, 2010: First chapter of the new year, Chapter 5, is posted. Also, a Soundtrack has now been started.

February 20, 2010: Chapter Six is finally posted. THIS is where the real story begins!

February 25, 2010: Added Mark Antony's character profile.

March 18, 2010: Chapter Seven is posted after finally putting Soul Silver down and proofreading it.

April 10, 2010: Hehe, did some crack fan art with Mark Antony. xDD

May 4, 2010: Special Chapter 01 is posted after over a month with no update. It's my longest chapter yet.

May 5, 2010: ˇFeliz Cinco de Mayo! <]:D Put up a Fun Facts/Trivia section.

May 15, 2010: Today, My Guardian Angel reached 100 pages. I'm honestly at a loss for words. It seemed like only yesterday I started writing this.

May 19, 2010: Posted Chapter Eight. Yes, we're back to our regularly-scheduled chapters. It was a fast update, too. 8)

June 23, 2010: Posted Chapter Nine. Late in proofreading due to working on fan fiction poster! I just need the shading and some effects! :D

July 24, 2010: The cover art is finally done!

August 14, 2010: Chapter Ten has been posted!

September 11, 2010: Chapter Eleven is up! This ends the "First Mission" arc.

December 12, 2010: Chapter Twelve is finally up! Book One is complete!

February 3, 2011: Chapter Thirteen, the first chapter of Book Two, has finally been posted!

April 16, 2011: Chapter Fourteen is finally posted.

_____

Fan Art:

- Fanfiction Title/Banner: By Natalia

- Halloween Outing by me :3 SPOILER!

- Mark Antony will invade Cassius' Vital Regions O_o

- My Guardian Angel - COVER

_____

Soundtrack:

(Character: ???) Bring Me To Life by Evanescence

(Special Chapter 01) Winter by Yasuhiro Takato Lyrics

(Chapter 5) Negai, Yami no Naka De from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

(Chapter 6) Foretaste from Pandora Hearts

(Chapter 7) Distortion World from Pokémon Platinum

(Chapter 8) Mt. Moon from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow

(Chapter 9) Lavender Town from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow

_____

Chapter Index:

Special Chapters

Chapter 01: The Scourge of Orre (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4)

Book One: Threads

Chapter 1: To Know Your Place (Part 2)

Chapter 2: Proposition and Consequence (Part 2)

Chapter 3: Where their Loyalties Lie (Part 2) (Part 3)

Chapter 4: The Dividing War

Chapter 5: Supernova (Part 2)

Chapter 6: Foretaste (Part 2) (Part 3)

Chapter 7: Judgment Day and Beyond (Part 2) (Part 3)

Chapter 8: And I Could See (Part 2)

Chapter 9: Our Desperate Hour (Part 2) (Part 3)

Chapter 10: On the Chase (Part 2)

Chapter 11: Finality and Immortality (Part 2)

Chapter 12: One Last Plot (Part 2)

Book Two: Intertwining

Chapter 13: The Girl with the Invisible Soul (Part 2)

Chapter 14: Good Intentions (Part 2)

______

(Banner by the epic Neo Pikachu) TAC Challenge: I'm learning Finnish! ^-^

My Author Profile | URPG Stats | Kat x Bryce

Last edited by Phantom Kat; 06-26-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: fixed stuff