View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 05:25 AM
Gamedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude
Default Youth In Revolt Reveiw

Movie Title: Youth In Revolt
Year Released: 2010
Director: Miguel Arteta
Cast:
Michael Cera as Nick Twisp/Francois Dillinger
Portia Doubleday as Sheeni Saunders
Jean Smart as Estelle Twisp
Zach Galifianakis as Jerry
Erik Knudsen as Lefty
Fred Willard as Mr. Ferguson
Justin Long as Paul Saunders
Jonathan B. Wright as Trent

Story: The story isn't what I thought it would be until I saw this movie. It was told very well. The story is basically (with out spoiling) is about a teenage boy tired of being a huge virgin goes on vacation for a week and met a girl who he tries to get into trouble to stay with her. Using funny animations and creative ideas, the story was really done well.

Acting: I personally loved Michael Cera as Nick Twisp. Michael is always playing the huge virgin in all his movies (Such as Super bad). When he played his alter eco Francois Dillinger, I wasn't too convinced that Francois was a super bad ass person. As for the rest of the cast, they were all amazing. I really liked Justin Long playing Sheeni Saunders's older brother; He convinced me he was really a pot/shroom user.

CGI Animation:
There was very little CGI animation, There was only about five minutes of animation and it all looked amazing (besides the one clay animation scene at the beginning of the movie)

Plot: The plot was amazing, it always had me guessing what would happen next. I was laughing a lot during this movie. The plot was displayed really well, It was easy for me and my friends to understand the movie. I kinda wish the movie explained on Jonathan Wright's charter 'Trent'.

Overall: Overall, this movie was really funny; When I was in the theater, a old couple was watching the movie and was laughing. There was a lot of sex themed stuff in the movie so my recommendation is not to show to younger kids (IT SHOWED BOOBIES). This movie reminded me a lot of super bad and American pie. So if you are into Sex/Drug Themed Comedy, then you must watch this movie. This is also a good date movie

URPG STATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Looks like Craig isn't the only one surfing PE2K while high as a kite.