View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Gamedude Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gamedude Send a message via MSN to Gamedude Send a message via Skype™ to Gamedude
Thumbs up Pick Of Destiny

Movie Title: Tenacious D in The Pick Of Destiny
Year Released: November 22, 2006
Director: Liam Lynch
Cast:
Jack Black as JB/Jables
Kyle Gass as KG/Kage
Jason Reed as Lee
Ronnie James Dio as himself
Dave Grohl as Satan
Meat Loaf as JB's Father
Ben Stiller as Guitar Center Guy
Paul F. Tompkins as Open Mic Host
Tim Robbins as The Stranger
John C. Reilly as Sasquatch
Troy Gentile as Lil' JB

Story: This movie's story is told threw a musical (all played by Tenacious D). Using music and a very funny story line, man was this movie's story amazing. After watching a video on the making of Pick Of Destiny, Jack Black told the cameras that he wanted to make a movie about the history of Tenacious D which if you didn't know, is a band.

Acting:
Acting was freaking amazing! Jack Black I swear is very funny in this movie. This movie felt really believable even though 99% of the things never did happen in real life.

CGI Animation: CGI was a little sloppy but over all, It didn't bother me.

Plot:
Where to start! About Two guys who want to become the greatest band ever! When Kage runs out of money, they must win the open mic night to pay the rent! When they are trying to wright a new song, they notice that every great rocker had the same pick... PICK OF DESTINY!! They must find the Pick Of Destiny to pay for there rent!

Fun Facts: Budget for this movie was $20,000,000 and with only grossing a total of $8.2 million in theaters; some people would call this a FAIL.

Overall: It is my favorite movie of all time, I have seen it millions of times OVER AND OVER. You must watch it! It has everything (i.e. Drugs, girls, metal) in it to be called the best movie ever. This is a must see!