View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 04:06 PM
FireflyK Offline
Five by Five

Send a message via AIM to FireflyK
Default Re: Individual RP: FireflyK

(Sorry- entirely didn't see the thread. ^^; Thanks for starting this.)

She wasn't the sort to glorify the wilderness, but Drin couldn't deny how relaxing the quiet woods were. Beside her, Precious trotted along calmly, observing but not hassling the wild Pokemon. Spike, who tended to be a bit more prone to chasing bird or rodent 'mon, was in his pokeball. Drin didn't think it wise to risk annoying the ranger with his antics.

As she glanced around, trying to figure out which of the waiting rangers was hers, Drin let herself relax. Finally, she was getting her well-earned vacation- a week away from her obnoxious partner, the usual pain-in-the-butt aspects of her job, and of course, her cramped hotel room in whatever city they'd normally be holed up in by now. Plus, this was her chance to catch a few new Pokemon- hopefully dog Pokemon, if the safari zone even held any. There was something about canine loyalty that made dog Pokemon much more appealing than other ones to her.

Up ahead, she spotted a guy with a boomerang. Though she hadn't been told what her guide would look like, he seemed to know where he was, so she assumed he was a ranger. Maybe he could help her figure out where she was supposed to be going.

"Hey," she greeted him, trying to be casual. It was funny, she was so used to being overly friendly to targets for scams, so now that she was just honestly greeting someone, it felt odd not to have to kiss up to them. "I'm supposed to be meeting a ranger named Sokka somewhere around here- do you know him?"

My hands have yet to build a village, have yet to find water in the barren desert, have yet to plant a flower, and I have yet to find the path that leads me... I have not loved enough, but the wind and the sun are still on my face.

I have yet to sow green fields, yet to raise a city, yet to plant a grapevine on each chalky hill... There is so much to build and so much to be, and my love is just beginning.