Default Re: "The Video Game Genre"

Title: Chrono Trigger

Artist(s): Yasunori Mitsuda, with some Nobuo Uematsu

Platform: SNES/PS/DS

Link to download: N/A

Favorite Song: World Revolution/Battle with Magus/Frog's Theme/Last Battle

Ratings:
Fitting-in: How well did the songs fit into the game? 10/10
The songs fit in perfectly with the game. They just make the mood of the scene, whether it be sad, upbeat, or mysterious.

Originality: Is this song recognizable from other sountracks? 9/10
Some songs are kind of a remix of other songs- like Boss Battle 1 and Boss Battle- but most of the songs are fairly different.

Diversity: Do the songs stand apart from each other? 9/10
Like I said before, the songs are completely different in moods- depressing, intense, emotional, you name it. With that being said, however, the musics are repeated often, which kind of kills the point. Like the song 'Secret of the Forest'- you hear it all the time.

Nostalgia Value: Say you have your songs on shuffle, and you hear this. Can you reconize what it's from, and does it bring back memories? 10/10
I mean, this is CHRONO TRIGGER we're talking about! Of COURSE this brings back memories! Like the part where the main character actually got KILLED(I won't spoil it for the ones who didn't play this game)

Overall: Avg the past four numbers. 9.5/10.

Closing comments: The songs are amazing, and they basically made the game that is Chrono Trigger. Play the game, or at least listen to the music.

Yay, my first review.

Pokemon Online username: Nate Rivers

Attempting to go 100th on PO main server

Trivia: Did you know that Shuckle can do the most damage in all Pokemon games combined?

Last edited by Latisiblings; 02-23-2010 at 10:04 PM.