Default Re: "The Video Game Genre"

Title: Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Artist: David Bergeaud
Platform: Sony PSP, Sony PlayStation 2
Link to Buy: N/A
Favorite Song: Medical Outpost Omega

Ratings:

Fitting-in: 9/10
Like the others, this game wouldn't be as good without the suspenseful music and heart-racing beats. It fits pretty well, I'd say. I do say that there are times where it does seem so fitting. And I'm pointing out Pokitaru and Ryllus here...

Originality: 7/10
Sounds generally the same to music that I've heard in past games and it's not much different. But it does sound nice and you probably won't have any problem listening to it unless you played it for too long.

Diversity: 7/10
They sound the same, yaddayaddayadda. After 45 seconds or so, it a simple loop. But it won't matter much because all of the giant gun blasts and loud sound effects drone it out anyways.

Nostalgia Value: 7/10
It makes me think of the first few games that came out on the PS2. I can definitely pick out what games these tunes are from, but I wouldn't say that for anyone who has only played the game for a few days.

Overall: 7.5/10

Closing comments: You get pretty used to listening to these songs. And they do sound pretty good with situations given and so on and so forth. But if you want music that changes throughout every song/level/stage/boss/whatever, don't go for a R&C game, please. :3

|thedynamicduo|