Default Re: "The Video Game Genre"

Title: Mario Party 6
Artist: Hironobu Yahata, Shinya Outouge
Platform: Nintendo GameCube
Link to Buy: N/A
Favorite Song:

Ratings:

Fitting-in: 7/10
I don't think all of them fit in. There are times where the game was steady and the game was faster than it should have been. Which is pretty much the deal with all the songs.

Originality: 8/10
Pretty good, actually. I have heard the same style in other GC games, but I like this just because. It has something about it that makes it stand out from the others. Maybe it's the popular icon, Mario that just makes it pop.

Diversity: 8/10
They all sound different. Not at the first listen, but when you get into it, you notice it. The only thing that takees away from that is that the pretty much all have the same tempo- very fast.

Nostalgia Value: 9/10
Most played GameCube Mario Party game. Second most played Mario Party game- next to Mario Party 2. For me, that is. How could I not forget this? I believe that the music and how well it fit together with the situations and mini games given with the songs is what made this memorable for me.

Overall: 8/10

Closing comments: YAY IMPROVEMENT. It's an up and down roller coaster for Mario Party, but in this case, that's a good thing. They try new things and we're able to tell them if they took the right or wrong path. That way they can learn from their mistakes and do something better the next time. Good job.

|thedynamicduo|