(click box-art for soundtrack image)

Title: Final Fantasy IX
Artist: Nobuo Uematsu
Platform: Sony PlayStation
Link to Buy: Click here to go to Amazon.com
Favorite Song: Battle 1

Ratings:

Fitting-in: 10/10
Perfect. Probably the most fitting music I've ever heard from a Final Fantasy game. Rivals FFX.

Originality: 8/10
Yes, they did resuse old track from old games. But Uematsu did compose music from many of the Final Fantasy games. I remember he said that he thought that FF was going back to it's roots. So he decided to use them on purpose. But they didn't just stick it there, they remade it to fit XI. Using different instruments and sounds and didn't loop it as often as past games did.

Diversity: 9/10
They stand apart from each other for the most part. Though, there are a few of songs that I would say have the same feel and beat of others. But after doing 160 songs, you can only do so much.

Nostalgia Value: 10/10
So many great hours of play of this game, and it's hard to forget about it. So many frustrating hours, and it's hard to forget about it. I think the medival-age music that Uematsu said he was trying to go for was achieved perfectly.

Overall: 9.25/10

Closing comments: There's actually tons of CDs to music for this game. But I linked you to the cheapest original soundtrack link on Amazon.com. Look up Music of Final Fantasy XI for the archive of CDs of XI. This game rivals Final Fantasy X for the best soundtrack, in my opinion. In fact, if I were to play both of the OSTs one after the other, without have playing the games, I'd pick XI.

|thedynamicduo|