View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 02:52 AM
XaiakuX Offline
PE2K Website Staff

Send a message via AIM to XaiakuX Send a message via MSN to XaiakuX Send a message via Yahoo to XaiakuX Send a message via Skype™ to XaiakuX
Default Re: Masters of Cinema

Movie Title:

Alice in Wonderland

Year Released:

Director:

Tim Burton

Cast:

Mia Wasikowska - Alice Kingsleigh
Johnny Depp - Mad Hatter
Helena Bonham Carter - Red Queen
Anne Hathaway - White Queen
Crispin Glover - Knave of Hearts
Michael Sheen - The White Rabbit
Matt Lucas - Tweedledee and Tweedledum
Stephen Fry - The Chershire Cat
Alan Rickman - Absolem the Caterpillar
Christopher Lee - The Jabberwocky

Story:

Alice is haunted by a recurring dream, which was basically her past visits to Wonderland, and soon finds herself at an engagement party for herself and a man she didn't plan on marrying. She gets pressured by everyone but eventually runs off after a rabit mid-proposal. She falls into a hole, and ends up in wonderland once more. This time to aid her past friends to stop the red queen, help the white queen back to her throne, and slay the Jabberwocky. During this time, she meets a flurry of new people, turns her adventure into something of an inside job, and does pretty much everything she was meant to do while she was there. Although she denied ever being in "Underland" in the past, she eventually discovers that her dreams were infact, her past visits to Underland. With this she is no longer in denial of what she must do, and slays Christopher Lee.. Err.. The Jabberwocky. Then she drinks his blood and goes home to take over a company and go to China. Theres other stuff that happens, but I dont really want to be a HUGE spoiler.

Acting:

Okay, just as I believe Zach said, Johnny Depp did indeed pull a Jack Sparrow esque voice style. Void of the fact that Johnny Depp was NOT a main character, which was somewhat a relief from a Tim Burton film. Helena Bonham Carter did rather eccentrically. Certainly an offset from Bellatrix Lestrange, but I believe just as cold-hearted in character. SNAPE! No no.. Just a fat blue caterpillar. I kind of love that theres a tween of Characters from Harry Potter in Alice in Wonderland. But it's cool cause they're brilliant actors, it only made the movie better for its star-studded cast. xD

CGI Animation:

I totally loved the Chershire Cat. One of my favorites of all time in Alice in Wonderland. Tweedledee, Tweedledum, and Absolem have become favorites of mine after this movie. Beforehand, Mad Hatter, Chershire, and Alice herself were my only favorites. Definately some great work with this film. I absolutely loved it. The environment looks so realistic, the height changes for Alice, the characters, and Helena Bonham Carter's MASSIVE head. All terrific, and well well done. Unfortunately the version of the movie I watched in my small town theatre, didn't have the 3D experience with it, so I didn't get to see it from that perspective.

Overall:

I cannot begin to describle Alice in Wonderland. It was so... interesting? I actually enjoyed it. It was a good tale. Good "sequal"..? Either way, it was pretty nice. I'll rate it a 10/10 There was virtually no flaws in the CGI. The story was pretty well put together. It most certainly was NOT child friendly, which was a plus for me. It didn't feel at all incomplete to me. However, I can't help but feel they left some kind of opening for another sequal. It was a good mix of Action, Comedy, and Fantasy. I would definately recommend it to anyone who's looking for that kind of movie.

.|.[Linkage].|.[-.Norse God of Chaos.-].|.Best in the World.|.

Last edited by XaiakuX; 04-05-2010 at 03:02 AM.