Old 05-08-2010, 12:10 AM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: Ideas and Premises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
Few things:

1. Why's the Earth warming?
Its possible it could be from pollution and the ozone layer of the Pokemon world disappearing.

Quote:
2. Why is the plan guaranteed to backfire?
Derek could have snagged research about the nuclear missile during one of his missions, and had a scientist to verify that the missile had a construction flaw, overcompensated for element/mechanic of the missile, or something to that nature.

Quote:
3. The existence of nuclear silos (and of modern-day weapons in general) in Pokemon kinda screws up the whole mechanic of Pokemon, which only works if there are no weapons... There's no real reason the Teams would have to resort to Pokemon battles all the time when they can just shoot the enemy's Pokemon or trainer. And it's a bit of a stretch to have nukes but no lesser weapons. I suppose you can remedy this with some other World Altering Superweapon.
I disagree. I doubt a rifle would do very much against many rock and ground types. Not to mention some Pokemon would be able to move so fast that trying to shoot them would be like shoot a peregrine falcon out of the air. And if that Pokemon strikes at the shooter, who do you think it going to win?

Here's a pretty good example of how you could give Pokemon a tactical role in modern warfare and actually manage to integrate everything together.