View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 03:56 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon
Default Re: The National Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraizaa-kun View Post

If you guys actually read the rules, you'll notice that the Park Posts' quality never mentions grammar or length. This is why a huge post that was written so perfectly that it could be printed and published can actually have better, equal, or even worse results than a post filled with grammar errors and few words.

Those things are important in the Stories forum, but not in the Park. In the park, if you check the rules, we look for Creativity (what new ideas can the trainer put into the battle), Practicality (how effective would this idea be), and Realism (in the anime, could that actually happen?). In fact, if the Ranger feels that you are adding too many things to your post that aren't needed just to make it look impressive, that could actually lower the park quality of your post.

The fact that this is actually being said as if it's a perfectly acceptable thing is really irritating.

I mean, really? A person is seriously practically penalized for making a good quality post instead of a "creative" one?

Capture methods in general should be based off of effort. That's what keeps the system balanced and running smoothly. That's what keeps the game fair. You put in effort, you get better Pokemon, or you make more money. A premise that spewing a "creative" idea in a few thousand characters gets more reward than hours and hours of effort is absolutely ridiculous.

Quote:
We wanted the rules of the park to be different than the stories forum, not easier. However, without all of these rules from the stories forum restricting people's ideas, I guess people with ideas will obviously find the park to be too easy.

I hope that the posts in this thread will be full of suggestions on how to improve/fix the park, but PLEASE, don't ask for the park to become more like the stories forum.
I don't even know what you're talking about here, because stories have no restrictions, besides the obvious 'must be relevant to Pokemon' or 'must be a certain length' depending on the Pokemon. That's common sense. Otherwise you have people walking off with three PZ's in a single trip. You guys need to stop trying so hard to be "different" and start being fair. This is the kind of crap that ruins the game for everyone.

At the moment, my only suggestion is to consider closing the Park down for a few days and rework your system, because the place sounds like a disaster right now and I wish I had paid more attention to it when it opened. Throw in more dice-rolls to lower the odds of finding such rare mons if you plan on continuing the "creative"-based system, or at least start taking into account the amount of effort people put in.