View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Dragoon952 Offline

Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max211 View Post
Hey Dragoon, quick question; does that mean that Ubers will only be allowed in those two "tiers"? Or would that be something for the battlers to decide amongst themselves pre-match?

I was just thinking about Pokemon like Kyogre, who could possibly sweep a whole team alone if used in a lower "tier". Then again, if they have to rely on Pokemon of rock-bottom values for backup (Wurmple maybe?) then perhaps this would balance out.
Like what was said, I think it will need tested. I think a top Uber tier would most likely be an "Unlimited" value battle where you can use anything. But, as for OU/Uber, it depends on how it shakes out.

As of now, with the Ubers I've tested (but haven't fully developed) they are seemingly going to be be in the 25+ point range. That's a lot comparatively. So, I can imagine that there could be a total team value that might reasonably allow an Uber or two to slide in while remaining mostly OU. We'll just have to wait and see if that's possible, but considering better OU pokemon range around 15 (it seems) then that is a large gap that could make for interesting matches. Could become a "Should I take mostly OU, or risk taking an Uber on a team of UU/NU" type of situation.

Have to wait and see. Remember, I'm only using smogon tier names to give you an idea of the type of pokemon that would show up in that type of match.