View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Dragoon952 Offline

Default Re: [PVS] A Possible Alternative to Smogon Tiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletPuncher View Post
Im curious now. Your point allocation seems to be precise. What is it based off of, usage?
It's based off of a mathematical formula I created. The exact formula can be found in the downloadable excel spreadsheet in the first post. It's in it's own tab.

I did, however, make a few minor adjustments for the recent numbers and added a stealth rock weakness modifier, so it will be a little outdated until I get the newest spreadsheet uploaded.

The development of the formula was a long process, but usage isn't a part of it. I basically started off with the damage calculation that Pokemon uses and broke it down to it's most basic variables and went from there. I wanted to have as little subjectivity as possible initially. The movepool values had to be tested a bit because that was the first "subjective" area I ran into, and the abilities are mostly subjective and can be tweaked easily, but other than that I wanted the numbers to do the talking and not opinion.

@Max: I started last time by taking the average of the OU values and the average of the UU values and finding something in that range for a "per pokemon" average. I haven't done that yet, so I don't have a rough number to give. Last time that ended up being a bit high, but it provided a good starting point. If you want to give that a shot yourself feel free. Gonna be a busy weekend for me unfortunately.