Old 07-03-2010, 04:53 PM
EmBreon Offline
Killjoy

Send a message via AIM to EmBreon Send a message via MSN to EmBreon
Default Re: WAR IX EVENT: Music

WAR WEEK ONE EVENT: MUSIC - RESULTS

PainKiller

Skill:

You got a real strong voice, bro. You also hit a couple of very impressive notes in there. The only reason I didn’t give this a higher score here is because most of the song was the same, and it didn’t really show off what you can do. Plenty above average though.

Originality:

Excellent song choice. :P There was a lot of personality in this, and it really sounded like you felt the words you sang. Wonderful example of making the song your own.

Vocalization:

Just a smidgeon flat in some areas, but it was covered well. Great tone.

Theme Fit:

Great. Lots of power and rage; a fitting mood for a battle.

Overall Sound:

Pleasant to listen to; I enjoyed this a lot. The music was a little too soft, and kind of felt overpowered by your voice, but it had a great sound.
I’m also gonna have to dock a point for not editing it to be shorter than five minutes.

Final Score: 18.5 -1 = 17.5

Sixto

Skill:

You have a very smooth style of singing. It comes out so naturally, and feels like its almost effortless for you. Beautiful, really. The piano playing, however… was just a little rough. It’s wonderful that you know how to play well, but a few keys got messed up and it kinda distracted me from your great voice. Mighta been better to just focus on the vocals though; I had to kind of make a score average of the two put together.

Originality:

It was nice, but it was kinda average. I didn’t feel like this brought me anything new or something I haven’t heard before. It would have helped if you changed up the song a bit more or put more of your own personal style into it.

Instrumentation/Vocalization:

I know its more difficult to do both. Keeping track of an instrument and your vocals is more complicated than concentrating on only one, so I gave you a higher score here for pulling it off well.

Theme Fit:

Well… I see how it can be somewhat fitting. But I wasn’t really feeling any “battle” with this, in any way. There were a few lyrics that could be vaguely related to the theme, but it still wasn’t a strong representation of any kind of battle. Sorry dude.

Overall Sound:

A truly wonderful voice, decent piano, and an overall nice, soft, flowing mood. My only complaints are that it didn’t seemed to all blend together as well as it could have, and there were a few noticeable missed keys and one or two slighty pitchy notes there at the end. You probably could have knocked my socks off had you spent more time finding a great themed song, played and sang the whole song, and worked on the entire presentation longer. For a last minute ‘throw-together’ entry though, this is really impeccable.

Final Score: 14.5

The Maple Syrup Baptist

Skill:

Dude… seriously? I’m actually kind of in awe. I had no idea you could play so well; I must have been half-retarded or something when I browsed your music before. I didn't realize you made all your own stuff.

Originality:

I honestly have no idea how it could be any more original.

Instrumentation:

Flawless. If it wasn’t, I couldn’t notice, and I listened to it like five times.

Theme Fit:

Gah. The song pumped me up so much. I even felt like I was watching a battle, jeez. Absolutely brilliant, dude.

Overall Sound:

I feel really weird giving this a perfect score, but I really can not think up any reasons as to why the points should be lower in any category. A completely original piece, written and created by you, a spectacular match of the theme, and it all came together in this fantastic overall musical display; completely blew me away.

Freaking great job. Gosh.

Final Score: 25

All three of you made some awesome entries, but I feel I have to give both points to Mitch instead of splitting them up. His song was just so above and beyond the requirements for this contest, I'd feel cheap to spread out the points 1 and 1 to first and second place; especially being as we have only have three entries.

So congrats, Mitch. You just earned 2 points for Shizen no Senshi.

And that ends the Music event. Hopefully we'll be able to bring it back next War and see if we can get more activity. Thanks for participating.