Thread: [Pokemon] The Path of Destiny (PG/PG-13)
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: The Path of Destiny (PG/PG-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
Haha, well, I usually am. XD

Yes, I know.... ;-;

Probably not! XD But had Snowcrystal done that, Volco would have torn her apart.

AW DARNIT I THOUGHT I WAS GETTING BETTER AT THAT!

I forgoooooot! *gaps*

Thank you! I'm glad it was! I was annoyed I had to split this off from what is now Chapter 49! XD Haha, funny that the characters expected him to but you didn't! But I like surprising people! Yesh, Volco ish mean. x_x
:( How sad.

xDD Yeah. Aw, that's true. Dx

IT'S OKAY--YOU ONLY DID IT IN ONE PLACE! 8D

Oh noooooooooooooo! DON'T YOU MEAN *GAPS*?!

No worries! 8D Hehe, yep. Yeah, that does get annoying! But about the "stopping in an awkward place" thing, I thought it was fine. ^^ It was a cliffhanger, because I don't know what Justin's gonna do now. Dx And where the rest of the gang is! Haha, yeah, it is. xD Yeah, surprises are great. xD He is! T^T

Quote:
I was wondering if you were going to mention that! She was, ironically, VERY close to Thunder and knew it, but there was nothing she could do to try and save her. I really love when you write your thoughts about the story like this! I'd imagine Thunder would think Snowcrystal was coming to save her, had she seen her, as well. It makes me sort of wonder what Thunder would have thought if she'd seen Snowcrystal escape without her...
Haha, well, you can trust me to mention these things! Yeah, I KNOW. O_O IT WAS INTENSE. Yeah, that's true. But I bet she would if she could. And at the same time, I don't think she'd know where Thunder was in order to be able to save her. Hehehe, I really like imagining "what if"s, and I know it's also something you wonder too! 8D Hehe. ^v^ Yeah! D: It's really sad to think about but makes you wonder. And yeah! Would she understand that Snow would just want to get away from Master? Would she have realised that, since she came alone, Master captured her and would she be glad to see Snow get away? Or jealous? Or even wish she was in Snow's place? Probably. I guess being with Master would make her think more irrationally and do things she would not normally do. Like we discussed last time about her accepting help and doing anything to get away from him.

Quote:
To be honest, I was really sad at his death too! The real Moonlight is dead as well (my Gold version's file got erased ;-; ) Moonlight was never going to be a main character, but what he did was important... Yeah...I'm glad that image was powerful, even if in a bad way! Wow, yeah, that would have been creepy! o.o Good thing he was staring upwards instead...doesn't make it much less horrific though.
Yeah, I bet. :( (Aw, that really sucks! D: When did that happen?) Ahh. Well I meant more like he played a significant role (which he already played, I suppose). Yeah, it really was. I mean, it was suck an unpleasant surprise to see him there, and at first I thought he might have just been down and out, but when it mentioned his 'sightless gaze', I realised that he was, in fact...dead. :( I mean, you set that out really well--the smell of blood, the mystery, and suddenly, the lifeless corpse. The one we once knew to be a character who helped the gang! Oh, it most certainly would be. Dx Yeah, true.

Quote:
Yeah, had Volco attacked them, everything would have turned out a whole lot worse. Yep, exactly! Snowcrystal was the rare colored pokemon and therefore the one Volco knew Master would want. Yeah, you're right. Any 'rescue operation' would have ended disastrously, quite possibly with members of the group ending up captured or dead. Yes, yay for the guy with the stereotyped-evil name! Yeah...actually, I hadn't even thought of that! That would have been quite interesting to see...both of them under the control of Master. (Snowcrystal would be a bit luckier as she's odd colored, which would mean Master wouldn't want to risk her getting injured or killed, something which would reduce her value.)
Yeah! I couldn't imagine how Redclaw could possibly have fought him off. Dx Yeah, which was good to an extent, and meant Redclaw and Nightshade would be safe. But then, of course, it meant Snow came close to being captured. Yeah, exactly! So I guess it's good they weren't around, but at the same time, I was going "WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!?! SNOW'S BEEN CAPTURED BY MASTER AND THERE'S NOBODY THERE TO HELP HER!!" xDx Oh, okay! Yeah! (Yeah, which means she'd get treated better. But also with Thunder, since she's one of his strongest pokemon, she's worth a lot too--which is good I guess and means he won't risk getting her killed either. Dx)

Quote:
Actually, there's a reason the pokemon didn't turn against Master. It was hinted at in this chapter, but it's pretty subtle so I didn't expect you to pick up on it. XD You'll find out in more detail once Thunder appears again in Chapter 50. And yes, there are a few pokemon (Master's more trusted ones) that are twisted enough that even though they've been abused, they are fiercely loyal to Master and yes, like him. Obviously, those pokemon are the ones that get better treatment from him (mostly because they cooperate). You're also right about them not knowing how to hunt/forage, because they'd be helpless out in the middle of nowhere where Master currently is. I'd also like to mention that Master's pokemon don't work together. There is a hierarchy among them (Volco being at the top), and they are generally very vicious and mean to each other (any like Thunder who made friends with other pokemon Master was "testing" when they were young would have long abandoned that habit) and that behavior is often encouraged and rewarded by Master and Volco, so that those at the top get there by not only being excellent fighters, but by keeping the other pokemon in line, which leads to better food and treatment, so most of the pokemon seek that to some degree. Had one of the pokemon turned on Master, another pokemon looking for a reward could have very well turned and put them in their place. That is, if the attacking pokemon even got far enough with their attempt.
OH SO I DON'T PICK UP ON SUBTLE THINGS, DO I?!?!? xDD Haha, nah, I'm not surprised either. xDD Was it when it mentioned that Moonlight would end up being food? The hunting/food problem? o: Oh, okay. Well that's something to...look forward...to... xDx Ahh, that makes sense! OH, and was the subtle thing possibly when the houndoom said "find the growlithe"? Because he wanted to please Master? o: Rather than fight the human? Ahh, I see! See, that's what I hate so much about Master. Apart from all the obvious things, he's also really smart and knows what those pokemon want and need, and he gives it to them--provided they obey him and he can control them. Ahh, I like the whole hierarchy thing. Makes a lot more sense now! And I guess, yeah...some would actually like him because, like you said, they're twisted and want what he can give them, therefore being faithful and trustworthy... Yeah, I see what you mean. Plus, if one did turn on him and didn't succeed, imagine what Master would do to them. O_o Attempted murder wouldn't go down well!

Quote:
I also wanted to mention something random about Master (which doesn't have anything to do with this, really) that I wanted to mention before but I forgot. x_x Master has several ways of punishing his pokemon, the most "basic" probably being the whip. Master does not use a whip for any practical reasons, he does so simply because he can. Like (I think) was mentioned in some chapter somewhere, there were a lot of abusive trainers who tried to use whips on their pokemon and got attacked or killed (as I imagine would be easy to happen). Master just likes to know (or show other people, from time to time) that he can use the whip on his pokemon without repercussion. He just likes to be in control. And his pokemon know he is.
Okay, that's fine. xDD Additional information is always welcome! 8D Yeah... Ahh, I see what you mean. And yeah, I guess a lot of trainers would be killed. That kinda reminds me of Mynk... I mean, her trainer was horrible and a stupid person, but he didn't have very strong pokemon (a.k.a. having a zigzagoon xD), and he was not very smart. Which is why he was able to be defeated by a zigzagoon and some rattata. xD And his stronger pokemon would have probably attacked him, but we never really saw them. MASTER'S SO SCARY! Dx I bet he was the bully of his school!

Quote:
Yes, that WOULD be interesting! Cyclone would be more concerned by the fact that Master is a human (and thus part of the species that takes up habitats and catches pokemon, which is unnatural) than how he treats his pokemon, but he definitely would be angry at the abuse too. In Cyclone's mind, it's okay for him to mistreat pokemon, because he thinks it's for the greater good. He's a hypocrite, but it's completely justified to himself in his mind. (And yeah, Master's pokemon would be of great interest to Cyclone, for how powerful they are.)
YEAH! Yeah, that's what I thought. Which is kind of ironic, since he lets Solus torture/abuse pokemon (STORMBLADE). Yeah, that's weird... So much for the greater good. D: Yeah, he totally is. (Most definitely! Cyclone would probably love those pokemon on his team!)

Quote:
XDDD I love the "Nooooo! Not you, Justin!" XDDD Haha, if I were a pokemon, I wouldn't want to be caught by Justin (even if I WANTED a trainer) on the basis that he treats some pokemon unfairly. But I'm a scyther...wait...that would be bad! D8 Stormblade's coming in Chapter 50! (He would be in 49, but I had to end that..it'll be soon though!)
xDDD I just don't like him! Dx No, I wouldn't either. Especially scyther! How could he be so heartless? Dx Stormblade's one of the best behaved scyther I know of, and Justin didn't even take the time to get to know that. T^T OH NO! YOU ARE TOO!!! Dx YAY FOR STORMBLADE! Well...that's okay. More time for him to heal. xD

Quote:
XDDDD I love this conversation. And yes, Dusty, Xanthe is weird! But in a good way! That is why she is awesome!

Blazefang: Join the club, flareon, I hate being in this story. ]:C At least Thunder's gone...

Snowcrystal: She is not 'whacked out'..okay, maybe she is..but you really think she deserves THAT?

Wildflame: Calm down, Snow. No one said that.

Blazefang: I think she deserves it! Serves her right!

Happy chapter will probably be Chapter 50! But that has the Thunder part too, but the rest will be happy!

Blazefang: Thunder is freaky. I'm glad SOMEONE else agrees. Well, glad that more people agree, anyway, because a few of them...*points paw at Snowcrystal* don't seem to get it.

Spark: How do you KNOW you can beat me? Listen to your author! XDDD

XD Haha, faceplant! XDDDDDDDDDDD I'd LOVE to hear from your characters again next time! And maybe mine will have something to say about your next chapter too!
xDDDD Well, I did until Dusty abused me! Dx

Dusty: Get used to it. xD Anyway. Hey, I remember you! You're that stubborn houndour. 0.0 Calm down, little growlithe. *puts paw on Snow's forehead to stop her from charging* No, of course she doesn't! I just think she has...issues.

Zhol: Issues that have good reason, Dusty. No pokemon deserves that, houndour. Not Thunder, not anyone.

Dusty: Just for the sake of disagreeing with you, Blazefang, I agree with Zhol! xD Oh, good. I'll be hanging around the foreground of Xanthe's mind for that chapter!
Well of course she's freaky. She's not...bad, though. ...But I'd stay clear of 'er. I'd like to keep my legs, thanks!

Derri: She sounds scary. >.< But I feel sorry for her...

Echo: You kidding? That scythe thing is a freak! I'd never let it near me! Or my fur!

Habib: Any pokemon in need is a pokemon in need! Help is the best thing to offer. ^^

Dusty: Well, simple! You're a jolteon, and I'm a flareon. That's enough reason for me!

xDDD Okay, you guys. x) xDD Haha, I'll bring them along more often, then! 8D And as my story progresses, more characters will be sure to join. xD

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.