View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Starkipraggy Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 3)

Send a message via MSN to Starkipraggy
Default Re: Deficit commission proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
That's what I mean. He stands to threaten at least swing-staters with his trump card. Granted, that may not be enough people even with the swing-staters on his side now d/t his blunder in the past 2 years.
If he just let the cuts expire, America would be looking at a much smaller debt for years to come, and it would demonstrate that he at least still has some backbone. He kept giving in while he was in power; this was more or less his last chance to prove that he isn't willing to completely bend over backwards for anything the Republicans want him to do so he can take the blame and get removed from President.

I highly doubt that tax increases would harm the economy in any way. In this sort of economy, fewer people are willing to shell out; most people would be trying to save, so the increased tax would eat into this surplus. The top 2% who would pay millions or even billions won't even touch their money so it doesn't matter. And then you can hand out larger subsidies and unemployment benefits for those who can't make ends meet with or without the tax increase because there's so much tax money from the upper class flowing in.

He doesn't seem to be willing to do the right thing; just as with the healthcare bill, and with this.

Mons are here though

私はグレダーです--I am a Grader