View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 06:51 AM
Dragoness Offline

Default Re: Signature & Avatar Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaiakuX View Post
Now I'm drawing a blank, you've confused me. Here, criticize this, or something, I'm allowed to post this since I commented on several tags beforehand.. =]:

Without Text/Border:

Huh. Well, the blurry white areas are both startling (in a good way) but I don't like how the pupil is blurred. I don't know if the stock came that way or if you helped aid in the blurring. It's be perhaps a bit more eyecatching xD if the eye color was crisper.

I do think the border matches w/the pic and the text ain't half bad, though I'm not sure if red was the way to go. Perhaps you should try and use a color that looks like it could have come from the stock to do the text. At first I saw the text and thought the font was alright but didn't spare a thought about the color. Now I'm imagining how it would look if it was a shade of dark blue or perhaps a shade of green from the eye. Overall, you worked hard :) Neat.

I wonder what the orig. stock looked like.
--

I am still practicing pulling the principles of art (harmony, balance, flow and so on) together whilst exploring all the effects that GIMP and PS can produce. This was done in GIMP earlier today. It's one of the few works in which I have used a lot of smudging. I used several brushes in an attempt to give a bit of texture to it.

C 'n C please.

EDIT: Here is the link to the render I used.

Last edited by Dragoness; 12-17-2010 at 06:56 AM.