View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Giratina Offline

Default Re: Why Chinese Mothers Are Superior

You know, thinking over it again, I think the whole thing seems very self-centered - not to mention ignorant. Whoop-dee-doo, your child has successfully played a piano piece correctly (using an example from the article). Note how the author didn't mention anything about how proud the kid was of herself for succeeding (I'll get to that later), but how the majority of it was the author gushing about how all the other mommies flocked over and showered her with praise. Mmmhm. And the desire to get your kids good grades at any cost - while they do clearly love their kids, it's apparently still alright to harass them through dinner and into the wee hours of the morning so they can do it correctly.

And guess what, lady: when your little girl turned around and said, "Look, Mommy! I did it!" Oh, she seemed so happy... Newsflash - she probably didn't feel any pride in her own abilities at all. She was more likely celebrating that you have no further reason to complain of what a disgrace she is.

"Wigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewigglewiggle."
~ World famous singing sensation, Stefan Gordy.

(For the longest time I was telling myself that I would come back to PE2K once I had something artsy and cool to contribute... but that's too much effort. GIRA IS BACK!)

(vpp da)