View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Neo Emolga Offline

Send a message via AIM to Neo Emolga
Default Re: The Role Play Forge - RP Creation Teamwork

@ dualismlover

Yeah, hate to say it, but the dual type thing really throws a wrench in the whole plan.

A way to salvage it might be by making the three lowest types on the tier, Poison, Fighting, and Bug, and make them the lowest and most highly disrespected types. As for the highest respected types, they could be Ice, Dragon, and Electric. Besides Joltik and his evolution, Galvantula, no Pokémon would be a type of a poorly discriminated type and a type of a highly respected type at the same time (ex, there are no Poison/Dragon types, no Ice/Fighting types, and so on). And yes, I checked this and it works out. With Joltik and Galvantula, they could just be seen as completely carnival freaks of nature. As for all the others, they could just be seen as the middle class. For dual types, if they have just one type that’s respected (such as a Dragon/Flying like Dragonite), then they’re respected. If they have one that’s disrespected, then they’re disrespected like any other single type that’s Poison, Fighting, or Bug.

I checked the new plot, and it seems a bit long-winded and confusing, sorry to say. The artifact part is okay, but the rest of it is a political cyclone that in all truth and honesty, it just feels like the RPers would just be helplessly swept up in it rather than really being able to change things around and assume the roles of heroes. What kinds of things can the RPers do in order to make a difference in this situation? What separates them from normal civilians? To me, it just doesn’t seem like there’s all that much. Meanwhile, the racism part seems to be a double-edged sword in all this. It’s a great plot device, but in terms of RPers trying to work with it, it’s stifling. With the racism going on, it makes it difficult for characters to band together, and because of that, you’re going to be running into trouble.

To me, it just seems like this would probably make a decent fan fiction, but in terms of an RP, there’s too much going on for it to be open to multiple directions, and it seems like a “plot overseer” is needed to ensure this complex and thoroughly detailed plot continues and develops in an orderly fashion. It reminds me a bit of the Borne movies, which considering their plots and storyline designs, could probably never be RPed with the same kind of effectiveness. This is the kind of plot that would need very particular characters to play very particular roles, and the only way you could effectively accomplish that is by designing the characters yourself, taking control of them, and having them perform specific roles in other to progress the detailed and complex storyline.

Other than that, I really don’t know what to say. I can tell the thought is there, but it just seems like you dove far too deep into the exposition and rising action parts of the plot, and now the characters just seem like they would be lost in the middle of it.