View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami
Default Re: [SC2] Dominion of Psionic Swarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
As far as I know, they just have double the income per worker.

I'll take a look at it when I have time. I may not be very strong a player, but my analytical skills are much higher. lol

In general an auxillary hatch is usually a good idea in the late game scenario, since you tend to miss injects a lot more often.

Watched replay:
General comments:
Hotkey setup needs work. Hotkey your queens so you can do shift-V click click click on hatches. Your macro slipped several times, mostly due to you being in battle. You should work on queen injects a bit more as you were missing quite a few. Your creep spread was non-existent. If your opponent decided to go phoenix/VR, you would have been boned. I must admit that macro-macro-macro is a good thing though.

Early game:
You were really greedy once you saw the forge. Be careful as some protoss would have done a 1 lot 1 stalker pressure at this point in time and you would have basically taken massive economic damage. You were missing a queen on your main for quite a while. I recommend getting at least a pair of lings to hold the watch towers.
Your scouting drone: what were you looking for? I noticed that you only caught a glimpse of stuff on the front (forge/gate), but didn't check the number of probes in the area. Also, you technically could have hidden the drone in the vents for later scouting instead of having to suicide the overlord later on in the game.

Mid game:
Leave a zergling on the third to know exactly when your opponent is thinking about expanding. Hold watch towers for as long as you possibly can. Upgrade faster and earlier.

Late game:
Your opponent did a grand total of 1 push and sunk most of his cash into colossi, which is why your corruptors did all that (he didn't have enough stalkers). Not much else to say, since you pretty much rolled over him once the BLs were out.
Yeah my overall general play is preety greedy, but thats fine by me, once I see a forge I feel preety safe.
I normally grab the towers, no excuse to why I didnt really.
The hotkeys were a bit messed up, I know hatch's normally go on 4 or something but I will ALWAYS stick to 1, I used that in bronze now im so used to it that it doesnt bother me.
Also this isn't my top game, it's just a decent game I had where i did okay, I'll be sure to post more replays if I play some interesting games.