View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Masami Offline
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Masami Send a message via MSN to Masami
Default Re: [SC2] Dominion of Psionic Swarms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny_C.002 View Post
Hotkeys: it doesn't matter HOW you hotkey them. It only matters that you do use them as much as possible. Stick to what you're used to is my recommendation. I know there's a pro that does 1 hatch, 2 hatch, 3/4 queen, army for rest.

My hotkey setup:
1/2 army, 3 scout, 4 hatch, 5 queen, 6-9 (I need to use them...), 0 scouting overlord/overseer
This is pretty common for a hotkey setup, but I trained myself to start with this setup so I stuck with it. HOTKEY YOUR QUEENS. What I do is this: 5, shift-V, click, click (on hatches on the minimap) --> two larva injects without even going to the screen. Train yourself to do this and you'll be a lot more efficient on your injects. Even now I haven't managed to do it, but it is known to be a good set up.

An alternative is instead of hotkeying all of your queens together like I do, hotkey them separately. This way you do something like 5,5,v,6,6,v (5/6 for your queens in main and natural). This is good for the first 2 hatches and even the 3rd hatch (on 7), but it gets harder the more you do it. HOWEVER, this set up is stronger if you use auxillary hatches because you can't click on the minimap for auxillary hatches without being really precise.

So I would recommend you do something similar, like perhaps 1 hatch, 2 queen, 3 scout, 4-6 army, 0 scouting overlord/overseer. Just remember to hotkey those queens!

btw, consider getting an early 3rd queen for creep spreading. They're also a great safeguard against FE into VR, banshee rush, early blue flame hellions, etc.

Top game or not, you wanted a critique so I gave you one. I think it's a good thing to have some critique on yourself if you plan on being good. You're not like me, who can't spend time to train and don't really care that I'm in like gold.
You do realise that you can press backspace to cycle through bases much quicker than clicking the minimap? It's called fast injection technique.
I normally do.
1 Hatches. 2 Army. 3 Half of Army. 4. air Units. 5.Nothing.6.Nothing.7.ScoutingOverlord 8-0. Nothing.
Thats my general hotkey usage.

It doesnt matter what league youre in bro :P
I'm in gold but I play against diamonds daily because thats the kinda level I'm start to get to.
I normally get a 3rd queen against terran, but I neglect it against toss, which is something I should work on.

I can do the fast inject technique but if I mess it up it slows your play down say if you accidently hotkey something wrong, which is also something i need to improve on.
I also need to improve on not getting close spawns on metalopolis x.X;