Thread: [Pokemon] The Path of Destiny (PG/PG-13)
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Scytherwolf Offline

Default Re: The Path of Destiny (PG/PG-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
Very good! I see a little bit of the "hope" talk between Snowcrystal and Skye influenced some of this, I think. It feels like it did, especially near the end XP

Poor Stormblade. As long as he keeps fighting though, he can make it!
Yep, at least Stormblade has hope. Or some of it, anyway.

Quote:
Well, that was a really interesting chapter! I thought that it was surprising to see weeks go by all of a sudden, but I guess that was nearly to be expected, as finding solutions so soon would be really difficult for them. I mean, even just that one room in the pokemon library was absolutely giant, so the whole thing put together would be even more tedious to search through. I think it would be cool if they had a Forbidden Attacks section, or even just a section that had lots of information about folklore (xD Canalave Library stories!) and such, which would no doubt narrow their searches. And yeah, at the same time, like what was said, it's hard to know what's fact and what's fiction, even if the book may claim to be genuine. 'Cause I'm guessing barely anyone's ever come across the Forbidden Attacks, especially since they're a myth (to most people), so it would be hard to know WHAT kind of information they can find, and whether or not it'll be helpful, and also, as I said, if it's fact or fiction.
*will correct grammar stuff later*

Yeah, time skips ahead a bit; they'll be there a while. And yeah, I picture the whole library to be gigantic, the biggest one by far in the region. Well, it's not like there are enough books (or enough interest) to warrant a Forbidden Attacks section. XD They do have a section for those types of stories though, which was the first place they looked through. Now they have to look through anything else that might be relevant. And yeah, the stories kind of contradict each other and don't have much helpful information.

Quote:
It was awesome to see that Nightcloud is safe! :D And it's cool that she could tell Snow is white (haha), since it makes sense that poachers would colour pokemon differently to try and fool other people into thinking they're a rare colour. And it's also cool that Redclaw can get his collar off. I kinda forgot he had one, and that he could get it off. xDD Although now that she's mentioned it, it sounds like a good idea, and I'm sure it'll benefit him a lot--even if it's just mentally. It'll make him feel much less owned, and with the physicality of it, his feelings of entrapment and the attached memories should loosen up. I'm excited for Snow to tell Rosie about Nightcloud, because Rosie must have felt pretty awful when she escaped but the mightyena didn't. What goes around comes around though, I guess. x)
Yeah, I figured poachers would do things like that; dying pelts shiny colored to sell them for more money, or even dying the living pokemon themselves (of course, it would wear off, but the poachers would have already gotten their money. I'd feel bad for the pokemon though; those who buy from poachers wouldn't be looking for a friendly companion, just something rare). And yeah, Redclaw will certainly be happy to be rid of that collar. And Rosie will be happy to hear about Nightcloud too.

Quote:
I also loved reading about Stormblade... All those feelings of being trapped in that hospital make me never want to be there myself, and it must be similar to how Nightshade is feeling. I loved learning more about his past and how it's affected his personality and whatnot. I mean, because of Bloodscythe's (and I love how it's such a vicious name, but Bloodscythe himself is really nice) beliefs and ways of life, and especially since Stormblade was a victim of a sickness and one of the scyther Bloodscythe believed in, he is who he is now. It must have really touched him that Bloodscythe believed in him when nobody (or others) else did. I wonder what his parents thought, since they weren't mentioned at all... And it was also interesting to see Silverbreeze's position too, because I always wondered what her connection with Stormblade was. I now know! And I wonder myself how Silverbreeze got to join up with Cyclone... I mean, it might not be how Stormblade thinks, and maybe she was a good swarm leader and was forced to join or something. But I feel really sorry for Stormblade...now that I think of it, what will he do if he does recover and gets out of the hospital? I mean, he'd stick with his friends for the time being, but it makes me wonder what everyone will do after the adventure (which is a long shot, I know, but still) since Wildflame wouldn't go back to her pack, although Blazefang might, and Stormblade wouldn't be able to find his old swarm or anything. Maybe he could find a new one. o: It would be cool/funny if he went back to Snow's mountain with her, and lived there. xDD Though something tells me a scyther wouldn't fare well in the mountains where it snows and all. I wonder what Redclaw would do...and Thunder too. (That rhymed!)
Nightshade would be feeling pretty much the same way, yes, but he'd be more hopeful, considering he wasn't injured by Forbidden Attacks. I'm glad you did; I figured it was about time to explain things, and it needed to happen before the plot got kind of crazy. And yep, I named Bloodscythe the most vicious, but still normal (for a scyther) name I could think of and made him the really nice guy. XD

Yep, Bloodscythe was someone Stormblade really looked up to. His parents, though not mentioned, were pretty "meh" about him, not really taking care of him as much as they should (hence why Bloodscythe needed to help) but not abusing him either.

Well, a scyther couldn't survive in Snowcrystal's environment...they aren't exactly suited to extreme temperatures. D: As for what they'll all do, I have it planned out. Hopefully I'll eventually get that far.

Quote:
I wasn't surprised to see Scytherclaw's reaction to the gang's confrontation. Honestly I don't think anything will change his mind. Well, there is one thing that I think he might consider, but that's impossible. Pre-evolution. The only thing someone could offer him is pre-evolution... I reckon he'd abide if he could once more become a scyther, or even if someone could take him back in time so he could tell his scyther self not to be captured or whatever. Although that would seriously screw with the future, so maybe not. xDDD But yeah...makes me wonder what would ever make him agree, apart from the impossible. I don't think anything else would convince him... D:
Scyther-claw? XD

Sure, Scytheclaw would jump at the opportunity to heal Stormblade if it could mean de-evolution, but sadly, evolution is permanent. He's stuck the way he is. And yeah, time travel would really screw with the future, and it's not like there's a celebi floating around waiting to solve their problems or anything. D:

Quote:
Anyway, I can't wait for more. :P I wanna see Rosie's reaction to the news about Nightcloud! 8D But if what you said about quitting is true, then I hope you just mean 'hiatus'. ._. Once more, sorry for my late response. But I promised!

~GS.
I don't quite remember if Rosie's reaction was described in detail or just mentioned...it's been a little while since I went over that part of the chapter. No idea when it'll be posted, but I'm glad you're looking forward to it at least.

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-