View Single Post
Old 03-12-2011, 01:29 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Default Re: Open Battle: Dark Moonlight vs Rival Silver

Prebattle
Three figures stood on top of the ASBís main headquarters Ė the skyscraper which dominates the skyline of the city around it. Below them people were moving through the streets oblivious to what was about to unfold above them. I watched them as they hurried on their way; they looked like Trapinch from up here Ė thatís how high up we were. Just thinking about what would happen if someone fell off of here was enough to make me sick, so I turned from the perilous edge to watch the battle.

The two competitors who were brave, or foolish, enough up here had taken their places and sent out their battlers. On my left was Dark Moonlight and her shiny Torkoal, Huff. On the other side was Rival Silver, who would be represented on the battlefield by his Staryu.

Round One

Dark Moonlight

[Huff] Torkoal (M)

HP: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: None
Moves: Amnesia ~ Rock Slide

Rival Silver

Staryu (X)

Energy: 100%
Moves: Thunder Wave ~ Rain Dance

Staryu was by far quicker than Huff so was able to move first. It built up a small electrical charge, which started to crackle around the gem at the centre of its body. When sufficient charge had been gathered a beam of electrical energy was shot at Huff and hit him in the neck. The charge shot through the fire turtle and dealt damage to its muscles Ė making them stiff and therefore harder to move. Due to this, Huff was unable to move and collapsed to the ground uselessly.

Staryu moved quickly while her opponent was down. Energy was put into its gem so that it glowed a deep blue and it leaned back to shine the light upwards. A blue orb slowly started to grow around the gem, growing more quickly as it got bigger. Eventually, it was released into the sky, where it exploded, causing rain to pour down on the area around the skyscraper. In the streets below the people started to hurry even more or find cover so that they didnít get too wet. I looked up and sighed while Dark Moonlight growled, fire-types donít work very well in the rain. Torkoal was still struggling to get up, however, the paralysis was still too strong to allow him to, which left his trainer tearing her hair out in frustration.

Dark Moonlight

[Huff] Torkoal (M)

Energy: 94%
Condition: Paralyzed

Rival Silver

Staryu (X)

Energy: 81%

Notes
Thunder Wave (Staryu -8 Energy; Torkoal Paralyzed)
Amnesia (No effect due to Paralysis; Torkoal -2 Energy)
Rain Dance (Rain now in effect; Staryu -11 Energy)
Rock Slide (No effect due to Paralysis (rolled 69, 50 or under hits); Torkoal -4 Energy)

Arena Notes
It is raining for 3 more actions. Power of fire-type moves is multiplied by 0.5 (halved) and power of water-type moves is multiplied by 1.5.

Last edited by KantoBreeder; 03-18-2011 at 07:04 PM.