Old 03-20-2011, 02:02 AM
Larvinator Offline
Elite Trainer (Level 2)

Send a message via AIM to Larvinator Send a message via Skype™ to Larvinator
Default Re: Political views?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusankya View Post
1. Tea Party crazies are Republicans
2. The Democratic senators of Wisconsin left to prevent a vote on the bill that they don't want to pass. Since they have a minority, it would be sure to pass if they allowed a vote on it to proceed. Personally though, I think in this case it would be better to just let the Republicans be proven wrong.
1. My bad on the wording there, I know they are. What I meant was that, despite the fact that the Tea Party is a minority of the Republican party that's choked up with racist, homophobic, birther nutbags, none of the Republican leaders ever denounce them; in some cases, they even cater to them! If they wanted to maintain credibility, they would've disassociated themselves from the Tea Party; now, though, their reputation is suffering for it. Seriously, with this and Palin, the Republicans are becoming the bane of moderates.
2. I know why they left and I think it's completely ludicrous. You don't flee your state and hold the vote hostage just because you don't like a new policy; it's utterly immature and a disgrace to the democratic process. If the PEOPLE hate what the Republican majority is doing, they'll vote in Dems next time to reverse the bill -- THAT'S how democracy works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Khajmer View Post
Dear god, someone else like me exists. I never thought I'd meet another honest to god centrist.
It's nice to be a novelty, ain't it? Honestly, the only thing I passionately am is socially liberal -- and even then that's mostly for the gay rights part of it. I suppose you could say I'm passionately anti-stupid and anti-extremist as well, which, as my comments above show, can lead to ire towards either side.