Thread: RNG Shiny Eggs?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Tsujin Offline

Default Re: RNG Shiny Eggs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
My apologies, I thought you were refering to using alterior motives to cheat breed perfect IVs. I'm aware of the items and that kinda stuff, and I know that's not cheating. I still believe Masuda method is cheating, because it uses kinda unfair methods to obtain something relatively easy, and a lot easier than it should be. And, as far as I know, the Masuda method hasn't been publicly aknowledged by Nintendo or whatever, unlike IVs and EVs. But I'm entitled to my opinion. :/
Well RNG doesn't only pertain to perfect IVs. Sometimes it's used to get a specific IV set in order to get a particular HP type and such for battling and other things but yes you are entitled to your own opinion of course. I just like to put everything out there in order to prevent people from making uneducated assumptions about things. Not saying that you were but others who automatically take offense and go CHEATER!! Also, the Masuda Method is acknowledged by Nintendo. After all it is their programming that makes it that way. It isn't exactly easy either. The chances of you breeding a shiny are I believe a 1/8000 something chance. Using international parents however only increases that chance to a 1/6000 chance if I'm remembering it correctly. It doesn't exactly just give you a shiny. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm View Post
I don't think there is an RNG guide for White/Black yet. Didn't you have to use the Pokegear in Diamond/Pearl though?
There is already. I'd link to it but I'm not using my computer. Lol. It's on Smogon though so if you search there I'm pretty sure it'd be easy enough to find.

| Friend Codes / Trade Thread / Battle Log |
| Me IRL / Pokerus Empire / YouTube |