View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 02:57 AM
Shen Offline
Paladin of Dragons

Send a message via AIM to Shen Send a message via MSN to Shen Send a message via Yahoo to Shen Send a message via Skype™ to Shen
Default Re: Soul Silver Nuzlocke Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID Saraibre Ryu View Post
Best. Rule. EVER.

Shen you're awesome. XD I'ma watch you too *stares*
Yay, more stalkers! 8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrius View Post
That female rule is danged awesome :) This is where you find NO female pokemon now and have to complete the game on Pidgey and Chikorita :)
As of last night that isn't the case, though I kinda wish it might have been for a while XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-tiny View Post
what will u do if the egg is male
Then I show the egg mon to Prof. Elm and then release him, simple as that.

Anyway...

*sigh* So it's a Nuzlocke, that means there must be sacrifices. There will be casualties. I was kinda hoping I wouldn't see any casualties for a while, buuut...I lost Winry to a dang Hoothoot. Oddly enough, it was a new route, that was the first Pokémon I saw, and it was a female, So I was working on capturing it. Finally got it down to low health, when the level 4 bird got a critical hit on Winry. Obviously, I was mad, so I got pissy and threw the nearest thing I could grab at it's head in anger...luckily for me, this turned out to be one of my Pokéballs. So now I have a murderer on my team, hooray.

With my team still at two, I went into Dark Cave to see if I could grab a mon from there, but no such luck, unfortunately. So I then went to Violet City with no further hitches, using the Pokémon Center easily. So then I decided to try my hand at Sprout Tower; who knows, it was nighttime, and I could get lucky with a female Gastly.

Luck was with me then, at least. One step off the stairs, and I saw my target. A Foresight, a tackle, and a Pokéball later, and I picked up my new female Gastly, member number four. With that, I stopped for the night, and slept before continuing on.

I ascended Sprout Tower easily, training Elice (Hoothoot) and Zita (Gastly) up using the sages along the way. The top was reached with no difficulty, and after watching Ashura use an Escape Rope, I challenged the Elder of the tower and earned TM 70 Flash. Goodie, doubt I'll really ever use it much at all, heh.

So, training up for the Gym, I fought the two mini-trainers before heading out to Route 32, and saw *gasp* yet another female as the first one on the route! A Bellsprout, who is now named Felin. So now I have two Grass Types on my Team of four, let's see how far they take me =3

-------------------------------------
Active Optional Rules (Besides Core Rules)
  • All Pokemon must be given nicknames (no set theme for nicknames)
  • White-Out = Game Over
  • Battle style must be “SET”
  • Duplicate Mons encountered can be ignored (including evolutions)
  • Trades only allowed for one evolution, beyond that, no trades allowed (including in-game)
  • Only one egg (the story egg) is allowed
  • Items (non-held) may not be used in battle, only outside
  • May only capture female Pokémon. If the first Pokémon on a route is male, tough luck.

Number of Gym Badges: 0

Current Roster
Number of Casualties: 1
  1. Quistis the Chikorita lvl 11 (Starter)
  2. Elice the Hoothoot lvl 14 (Route 31)
  3. Zita the Gastly lvl 9 (Sprout Tower)
  4. Felin the Bellsprout lvl 6 (Route 32)

✖ Winry the Pidgey lvl 8 (Route 29) [Killed by a Hoothoot that was then captured]