Haven't posted in a few days, but that's because I was GRIIIIINNNDIIIIIIINNNNG. Holy crap, Hoothoot takes a crapton of experience to level up what would take some of my mons half the time, or less! Noentheless, I accomplished what I set out to complete, level Elice up to level 20 before facing Falkner, and wouldn't you know it, Hoothoot evolves at level 20. I didn't know it evolved that early before playing this Nuzlocke, so cool, my first evolved Pokémon. Then I grinded for an hour with Quistis and got her up five levels so that she evolved as well, giving me two evolutions so far. Add to that a little levelling with Felin, and then I challenged the Violet City Gym Leader, Falkner.
For a Gym leader, he had some rather...weak Pokémon (but we all knew this). Elice DESTROYED the Pidgey in a single hit, and the Pidgeotto took two hits before it went down. So now the murderer has earned a slot on my team, having made up for killing Winry. Guess Elice was the Contender Winry could never be.
So, with the badge and new TM (Roost) in hand, I headed out of the Gym, only to get a call from Prf. Elm about the Egg. Seems he wanted me to have it, and his assistant was in the Pokémart ready to deliver it. A quick stop in the mart and I had myself a Pokémon Egg (which I am hoping will hatch into a female, of course). Now with a roster of five (sorta), I headed south out of town.
The man blocking my way before handed me the Miracle Seed I wanted from him, so I put that on Quistis to power up her moves, and started training up Zita a little. So far, I've only raised her up one level, but it's a start, right?
Hoping to go for another badge tomorrow, and hopefully with some more mons to add to my Team.
Active Optional Rules (Besides Core Rules)
Number of Gym Badges: 1
Number of Casualties: 1
- All Pokemon must be given nicknames (no set theme for nicknames)
- White-Out = Game Over
- Battle style must be “SET”
- Duplicate Mons encountered can be ignored (including evolutions)
- Trades only allowed for one evolution, beyond that, no trades allowed (including in-game)
- Only one egg (the story egg) is allowed
- Items (non-held) may not be used in battle, only outside
- May only capture female Pokémon. If the first Pokémon on a route is male, tough luck.
- Quistis the Bayleef lvl 16 ♀ (Starter)
- Elice the Noctowl lvl 20 ♀ (Route 31)
- Zita the Gastly lvl 10 ♀ (Sprout Tower)
- Felin the Bellsprout lvl 12 ♀ (Route 32)
- (Togepi) Egg (Given in Violet City)
✖ Winry the Pidgey lvl 8 ♀
(Route 29) [Killed by a Hoothoot that was then captured]