Old 04-13-2011, 01:24 PM
KantoBreeder Offline

Default Re: Open Battle: Dark Moonlight vs Rival Silver

Round Three

Dark Moonlight

[Huff] Torkoal (M)

HP: 73%
Energy: 86%
Condition: Feeling like a disabled Alzheimer’s patient; Paralyzed; +2 Special defence
Moves: Fissure ~ Fissure

Rival Silver

Staryu (X)

HP: 100%
Energy: 57%
Condition: Curses, foiled
Moves: Hydro Pump ~ Water Pulse

Staryu was ready to press home its advantage in this round; the miss last time had made it a little disappointed but it was ready to get back on track this time. Water soaked into the star-shaped body as the gem began to glow a deep red. Huff struggled to his feet and looked up at his opponent just in time to see it leap into the air and start to spin once more. Taking a little while to understand what was going on, the amnesiac Torkoal didn’t react until the jet of water erupted from the glowing gem and hit it in the face again. For the second time he skidded dangerously close to the edge of the building but was saved by the raised edge.

Huff rose slowly and as majestically as possible with unsteady muscles, they weren’t even very good before he was paralyzed, and made sure he could stand up properly before attempting his next attack. When he was sure he wouldn’t end up falling over, his feet began to glow white. Staryu watched him from a distance – there was no way he could pull this off, was there? Huff’s front-left foot left the ground, slowly at first to avoid discomfort. Now the sea star was getting worried, it couldn’t work, just a little longer and it’d win; it decided to start its next attack in an attempt to stop Huff. However, Huff wasn’t going to be stopped. He saw the orb of water being formed in front of Staryu’s gem but didn’t panic – he couldn’t now. The foot slammed into the floor, causing a brilliant flash of light and making the building tremble. I stumbled back and grasped hold of the nearest thing I could to stop me falling.

When the light and smoke had cleared everyone was certain who was the winner – while Staryu had fallen through the hole in the roof which had been made by the fissure, Huff stood victoriously in the pouring rain. He had now recovered from paralysis and looked much better than before. I looked down the hole in the roof at the crushed work desks, sodden papers and terrified people; someone was going to pay a lot for this...

Dark Moonlight

[Huff] Torkoal (M)

HP: 46%
Energy: 58%
Condition: Victorious despite all odds

Rival Silver

Staryu (X)

HP: 0%
Energy: 45%
Condition: FAINTED

Notes
Hydro Pump- (Hits; Staryu -12 Energy; Torkoal -27 HP)
Fissure- (Paralysis roll 35/100, 90 or less works; rolled 16/100, 30 or less hits; Torkoal -28 Energy; Staryu faints)

Arena Notes
None

Winnings
Dark Moonlight gains $14
Rival Silver gains $5
(Now get it to the bank before someone takes the money to pay for the damage done to the roof.)