View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Gokudera-Kun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Gokudera-Kun
Default Pokemon Leafgreen[Forgot to Save]

After receiving a severe thrashing in Pokemon Platinum, I decided best place to make another attempt at a Nuzlocke would be the Kanto Region. I'll be keeping the rules simple, and this thread will serve as a way for me to grab attention, and to log my captures and immortalize my defeats

Rules
1. Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.

2. The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.

3. All Pokemon must be Nicknamed.

4. White/Black-out means Game Over.

5. Legendaries may not be captured.

And to reward good luck...

Shiny Clause: Any Shiny Pokemon may be caught, ignoring all limitations. A Shiny Pokemon may be ko'd 3 times before it is considered dead.

Now the the guidelines have been established, the adventure can begin.

The Hero

Sean

The Rival

Saren

After the lengthy introduction, I was forced to pick one of three Pokemon to become my partner. The decision was important, because the Starter is always an important part of any successful Nuzlocke attempt. Out of the 3, Charmander seemed like the best choice, but the first 2 Gyms outmatch him, and I'd rather not risk being wiped out that early. So instead, I chose...

New Capture

Varren the Bulbasaur(Female, Level 5)

I was surprised to find out that Varren was Female, but there's was little time to admire it, Saren was ready to battle. After a tense back-and-forth, Varren emerged the victor. I was now free to begin my adventure. Route 1 was swarming with Ratata and Pidgey, but Varren pulled through, and we soon made it to Viridian City. After dropping into the Pokemon Center for a quick heal, I visited the Pokemart, where I was given a parcel to deliver to Professor Oak. The path back to Pallet Town was less frightening, and I was at Professor Oak's lab in less than a minute. After delivering the parcel, I was given a Pokedex and some spare Pokeballs. My real journey could now begin. Back at Route 1, I encountered my first Wild Pokemon after being given Pokeballs. Thanks to Varren's Leech Seed, I was able to bring it's vitality down enough to capture it.

New Capture

Ratman the Ratata(Female, Level 2)

My new Pokemon was much weaker than Varren, so I would have to work hard to train it. Thanks to Varren's Leech Seed, I was able to preserve Ratman until she reached Level 5, so now she will be able to survive on her own. After visiting Viridian City for the second time, I decided to retire for the night and continue my journey tomorrow.

Current Party
Varren the Bulbasaur(F, Level 9)
Ratman the Ratata(Female, Level 5)

Graveyard
None... for now

VPP: Giratina, Level100 @ 4,554

Last edited by Gokudera-Kun; 05-07-2011 at 01:48 AM.