View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 03:48 AM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Nitro
Default [WAR X] Pokemon Online Battling

TO ALL BATTLERS: IMPORTANT POST, PLEASE READ THIS.

Welcome to the Pokemon Online Battling section of WAR X!

Using Pokemon Online as a battle simulator (download necessary), you will build your team and compete against rival team members to try and earn points for your WAR team!

How it's going to go down:

Note: To be eligible for this competition, you have to be on an approved WAR X team.

As the basis for things, you will build a team of six Pokemon to battle members of other WAR teams. You are allowed to use anything that is legal in OU play unless I say otherwise. And I won't, unless the special rule contradicts it.

What is the special rule, you may ask?

The special rule is a different rule I will implement each week (and it will be different each week) to spice things up a bit. They could be anything, and I will aim to make things as interesting, fun and enjoyable as they can be. However, that is not to say this special rule will be one that will be extremely gimmicky (i.e. Challenge Cup), as that would defeat the purpose of this competitive battling competition. Rather, you can expect something that would keep things fair, but change one's strategy a bit (i.e. UU play, no held items allowed, etc.). Though you may dislike one, it will help prevent the results from being the same from week to week, should it come to that. And remember, the rules will change each week.

All battles will be done on the Smogon server, as that server has the same banlist we do here.

What about the points?

Obviously, you're in this for the points. You obviously want to earn your WAR team points.

Each week, a total of five points will be awarded. Three points will go to the first place finisher and his/her team (based on personal wins), while two points will be given to the second place finisher and his/her team. The records will be reset after each week.

To help me determine who earns the points, either you or the person you battled will post the log of your battle - it really doesn't matter who as long as someone does. There is also a small form both battlers will have to fill out for each battle. It's preferable to post the log in [SPOILER][*/SPOILER] tags (without the *) so you don't have massive logs on the page. After posting the log, the other battler who did not post the log must confirm the log at some point during the week the battle occurred in for it to count for the week.

If you believe the loser (or even the winner, for that matter) is purposely avoiding posting or confirming the log for whatever reason, please contact me. There could be consequence for intentionally not posting or confirming a log.

At the end of each week, I will count up wins for each individual competitor. As I said earlier, five points will be divvied up between the first place finisher and the second place finisher, with three points going to the first place finisher and the second place finisher.

tl;dr Summary + Rules:
  • To be eligible for this competition, you must be a member of an approved WAR X team.
  • You will do battle with a member of any rival WAR X team using Pokemon Online.
  • All battles will be held on the Smogon server because they have the same banlist as we do.
  • You will be battling using Pokemon that are legal in the OU tier, unless the special rule states otherwise.
  • All items, moves, abilities and combinations on this list are banned.
  • The only rules that should be employed in your battle are Sleep Clause, OHKO Clause, and Wifi Battle.
  • The special rule, which is a different rule I will create for each week, will change things a little. It overrides essentially everything else I've said so far, if I wanted it to.
  • After each battle, you must sort out who posts the log (using the form below). If you did not post the log, you must confirm it by posting in this thread.
  • Each week, five points will be awarded. Three to the individual with the most wins' team, and two to the individual with the second most wins. I will count each individual's wins, so don't worry about keeping track of your win/loss record! By the way, your record will reset each week.

Relevant Links
WAR X information thread
Pokemon Online website
Official Tier Lists for Competitive Battling
OU Ban List
Important post addressing a relevant problem regarding which server to use.

Battle Log Form:

PE2K Username: (Obviously your username.)
Your opponent's PE2K username: (Obviously your opponent's PE2K username.)
Your Pokemon Online username (the one in the log): (The name of the Pokemon Online username you used in the battle in the log.)
Your opponent's Pokemon Online username (the one in the log): (Same as above, though this time it's your opponent's username rather than yours.)
The winner: (The PE2K username of the winner.)
The winner's WAR X team: (The winner's WAR X team, obviously!)
Your log: (Please copy/paste this into [SPOILER][*/SPOILER] tags without the *.)

Sample:

PE2K Username: Nitro
Your opponent's PE2K username: WebMaster
Your Pokemon Online username (the one in the log): Dr. K
Your opponent's Pokemon Online username (the one in the log): WebMaster
The winner: Nitro
The winner's WAR X team: Octopus Babies
Your log:
Spoiler:
Battle between WebMaster and Dr. K started!Tier: WifiRule: UnratedRule: Sleep ClauseRule: Freeze ClauseDr. K sent out Deoxys-S!WebMaster sent out Skarmory!Deoxys-S is exerting its Pressure!Start of turn 1Deoxys-S used Taunt!The foe's Skarmory fell for the taunt!The foe's Skarmory can't use Spikes after the taunt!Start of turn 2Deoxys-S used Stealth Rock!Pointed stones float in the air around WebMaster's team!The foe's Skarmory used Brave Bird!Deoxys-S lost 127 HP! (52% of its health)The foe's Skarmory is hit with recoil!Start of turn 3Deoxys-S used Spikes!Spikes were scattered all around the feet of WebMaster's team!The foe's Skarmory used Brave Bird!Deoxys-S lost 115 HP! (47% of its health)Deoxys-S fainted!The foe's Skarmory is hit with recoil!The foe's Skarmory's taunt ended!Dr. K sent out Blissey!Start of turn 4The foe's Skarmory used Spikes!Spikes were scattered all around the feet of Dr. K's team!Blissey used Thunder Wave!The foe's Skarmory is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!Start of turn 5Blissey used Ice Beam!The foe's Skarmory lost 16% of its health!The foe's Skarmory is paralyzed! It can't move!Start of turn 6Blissey used Seismic Toss!The foe's Skarmory lost 29% of its health!The foe's Skarmory is paralyzed! It can't move!Start of turn 7Blissey used Seismic Toss!The foe's Skarmory lost 29% of its health!The foe's Skarmory is paralyzed! It can't move!Dr. K: lol'fDr. K: *lol'dStart of turn 8WebMaster called Skarmory back!WebMaster sent out Swampert!Pointed stones dug into the foe's Swampert!The foe's Swampert is hurt by spikes!Blissey used Ice Beam!The foe's Swampert lost 14% of its health!The foe's Swampert was frozen solid!The foe's Swampert restored a little HP using its Leftovers!Start of turn 9Blissey used Seismic Toss!The foe's Swampert lost 24% of its health!The foe's Swampert thawed out!The foe's Swampert used Stealth Rock!Pointed stones float in the air around Dr. K's team!The foe's Swampert restored a little HP using its Leftovers!Start of turn 10Blissey used Seismic Toss!The foe's Swampert lost 24% of its health!The foe's Swampert used Earthquake!Blissey lost 259 HP! (36% of its health)Blissey restored a little HP using its Leftovers!The foe's Swampert restored a little HP using its Leftovers!Start of turn 11Blissey used Seismic Toss!The foe's Swampert lost 24% of its health!The foe's Swampert used Earthquake!Blissey lost 231 HP! (32% of its health)Blissey restored a little HP using its Leftovers!The foe's Swampert restored a little HP using its Leftovers!Start of turn 12WebMaster called Swampert back!WebMaster sent out Salamence!Pointed stones dug into the foe's Salamence!The foe's Salamence intimidates Blissey!Blissey's Attack fell!Blissey used Seismic Toss!The foe's Salamence lost 30% of its health!Blissey restored a little HP using its Leftovers!Start of turn 13The foe's Salamence used Earthquake!Blissey lost 310 HP! (43% of its health)The foe's Salamence is hurt by its Life Orb!Blissey used Ice Beam!It's super effective!The foe's Salamence lost 35% of its health!The foe's Salamence fainted!Blissey restored a little HP using its Leftovers!WebMaster sent out Magnezone!Pointed stones dug into the foe's Magnezone!The foe's Magnezone is hurt by spikes!Start of turn 14Dr. K called Blissey back!Dr. K sent out Haxorus!Pointed stones dug into Haxorus!Haxorus is hurt by spikes!Haxorus has Mold Breaker!The foe's Magnezone used Thunderbolt!It's not very effective...Haxorus lost 108 HP! (35% of its health)The foe's Magnezone's shell bell restored its HP a little!Start of turn 15Haxorus used Brick Break!It's super effective!The foe's Magnezone lost 85% of its health!The foe's Magnezone fainted!WebMaster sent out Volcarona!Pointed stones dug into the foe's Volcarona!The foe's Volcarona is hurt by spikes!Start of turn 16The foe's Volcarona used Bug Buzz!Haxorus lost 120 HP! (39% of its health)Haxorus fainted!Dr. K sent out Skarmory!Pointed stones dug into Skarmory!Start of turn 17The foe's Volcarona used Fiery Dance!It's super effective!Skarmory lost 293 HP! (87% of its health)Skarmory fainted!The foe's Volcarona's Sp. Att. rose!Dr. K: wtfDr. K: ohDr. K: oopsDr. K: LODr. K: LDr. K sent out Scrafty!Pointed stones dug into Scrafty!Scrafty is hurt by spikes!Start of turn 18The foe's Volcarona used Rest!The foe's Volcarona went to sleep and became healthy!The foe's Volcarona ate its Chesto Berry!The foe's Volcarona woke up!Scrafty used Drain Punch!It's not very effective...The foe's Volcarona lost 36% of its health!The foe's Volcarona had its energy drained!Scrafty is hurt by its Life Orb!Start of turn 19The foe's Volcarona used Fiery Dance!A critical hit!Scrafty lost 245 HP! (90% of its health)Scrafty fainted!Dr. K sent out Blissey!Pointed stones dug into Blissey!Blissey is hurt by spikes!Blissey fainted!Dr. K sent out Magnezone!Pointed stones dug into Magnezone!Magnezone is floating on a balloon!Start of turn 20The foe's Volcarona used Fiery Dance!It's super effective!Magnezone lost 273 HP! (93% of its health)Magnezone fainted!WebMaster won the battle!Dr. K: ggWebMaster: ggDr. K: k thanks

Note: You need to mark the "Save log" option during the battle, which will be beneath the window where the sprites of the Pokemon are. To find it after the battle, you need to find your "Pokemon Online" folder on your computer, then look for the "Logs" folder inside that folder. It will be saved as an HTML document which you can open up and copy paste in the Spoiler tags.

Note2: It makes things much easier if you sort out who is going to log the battle before or during the battle.

If you're the person who did not post the log, make sure to confirm it by quoting the post with the log in it and agreeing that you took place in the match. If I find out you intentionally "forgot" to or etc., there will be consequences.

Any Questions?

PM your questions to me or post them in this thread.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Nitro; 07-06-2011 at 07:34 PM.