View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Teddiursa of the Sky Offline

Send a message via Skype™ to Teddiursa of the Sky
Default Re: Lessening dependency on the Staff Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pichu Boy- View Post
Actually, like I said before, in all technicalities, Harry posted it as a 'this is what IS going to happen', not a 'please feel free to suggest any changes'. Nowhere in the first post does it say 'suggestions', 'proposition', 'possible', or any words to that effect.

But anyway, this isn't another thread to discuss the forum change, I just used that as a recent example.

But okay, I get what people are saying about the 'wow' factor being taken out. One major difference about the ASB Hallowe'en event and the forum layout is that members won't be forced to take part in the ASB event. Members have, however, been forced to have their layout changed (yes, I know the mods are saying 'give it some time', but the fact of the matter is, it wasn't a 'people can have this if they want' thing). The 'wow' factor means nothing if it's not having the right effect. If the 'wow' factor is so important, then at least just saying "We're planning a forum layout change, good idea or bad idea?" wouldn't been a good starting point.

Let me just compare the forum layout to the URPG expansion. As far as I can remember, we were guided through it every step of the way. We weren't suddenly told one day "Oh, btw, we're expanding to BMG, so you'll have to get used to it, because we're not changing our minds". It was a proposition at first, then most people reacted positively to it, so they continued. We were told exactly when the expansion was taking place, and when the other half would officially open. If the layour change had been more "by the members, for the members", then I think it would have been a lot better.

And whether the Staff Board is active or not is irrelevant. The fact remains that one of the uses of that board is to discuss changes made to PE2K. Unless I'm completely missing the point of the staff board? In which case, would someone please explain what really happens in there?

I just think anything that will affect all the members, whether they want it to or not, should be openly discussed in the front desk from the absolute start right through to the end.
That's my boy... well... actually... I don't know if you are my child... ehehe... I got around in my day xD