View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 02:25 AM
Graceful_Suicune Offline
Race the North Wind

Send a message via AIM to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Yahoo to Graceful_Suicune Send a message via Skype™ to Graceful_Suicune
Default Re: --->> WAR: X - Sprites<<---

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEvilDookie View Post
I'm curious... How can you judge someone on Outlines and Theme/Relevance for a sprite recoloring? I can understand if someone didn't really totally recolor a certain part of the Pokemon, but as for outlines, come on... It's what the Pokemon creator people made, so how can you tack off points there? I'm sure those two minor differences would end up being irrelevant to the final outcome, but it sounds like a bunch of crap on the part of the judge.
No, outlines are definitely important. For instance, if you colour in all outlines in colour, it's going to look much worse than if you had black there, since sprites need black colouring (apart from if the palette is REALLY light, like, white). It's also to do with the shading of the outlines as well. And just because the official sprite has certain outlines in certain ways, that does not mean that a person won't change it. They can change it for the better or for the worse. It would make more sense if you sprited (assuming you don't).

~GS.

Pokemon Crossroads!
Pe2k's spiritual successor! :D I'm Suicune's Fire there.