View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 05:16 AM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: ASB Discussion and Suggestions

I'm noticing some problems with the ASBL. I don't want to seem rude, but in my personal opinion if some things don't change members will be quitting. I understand that you cannot plan around real life and that not everyone can be as active as others, but some things still need improvement.

First I'd have to say is the backup in the Signature and Tutor Move, sometimes in the Registration, Dragon's Den, and the PE2KASBL Bank threads. We only have five people who can accept and update those threads, and recently I haven't seem them that active. Now, I understand that Paperfairy is having internet problems, but others I'm a little concerned about. One has even disappeared and no one has heard from him. I think we need more active and reliable officials to post in those threads so they aren't that backed up as they are now.

Another problem I see is in the Battle and Safari Zone boards, mainly the Safari Zone. I understand how long it can take for a referee to ref a battle, but I also know that it sometimes doesn't take any time at all. It seems like that the big deal is is that the refs don't want to write the battle scene, so they don't ref battles. Same for the Safari Zone. I see a lot of scenarios typed up and posted, but what about the battle that takes place before the capture? Some of the Safari Zones haven't been updated in weeks, and us active users are getting extremely irritated with the wait. Especially when unlike in a battle, you only ref one move. It's just ridiculous, especially when it states that, "You can stay in the Safari Zone for up to two weeks. This is to ensure that you're in, you have fun, you're out with no hassle.". It's becoming a major hassle when it takes months to finish (when it should only take a max of two weeks) and weeks to get an attack reffed. This makes the Safari Zone no fun at all.

Now, I'm sure other users who are looking to join see these problems, and are turned off by the lack of activity it seems to have. When in reality, the users are active. It is just the officials and mods who aren't posting as much as one would think. I can't speak for everyone, but I know I'm not the only one who thinks this. Like I said before, I know real life can come and bite you in the butt with something you didn't expect or plan to happen, but I really think we need more than three mods and two officials to run this. That goes back to the current mods and officials looking like they aren't active in the ASBL. In a way, or as I once saw it, the officials were on but weren't posting in the ASB when things are backed up, so it appears that they really don't care about certain parts of it that appeal to the users. I'm not saying that you don't because I can only imagine the work put into this to get it back up and running. However, it doesn't seem like that work was worth it at this time with the problems that are still active.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~