View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 04:06 AM
Dino Offline
ASB Official

Send a message via AIM to Dino
Default { Grandma's Garden -

Grandma's Garden

Why hello young sir or mam. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Rose, though most everyone calls me Grandma. I am quite wealthy, and have a lot of empty land. One of my great passions used to be gardening; me and my shaymin, Lily, used to take care of all the land. Now that we are both to old, (even though you wouldn't think so), we can no longer garden. So I came up with the idea to let trainers use this land for their own gardening. A great idea right! Now I will let you meet my daughter. She does most of the operating, girl was always good with numbers and such.

Information

So you met my Mom hu? Well I am Isabella. I am in charge of this operation more behind the scenes. I am going to explain how this works. So please pay attention.
So first what exactly is gardening about. When you are gardening you can plant berries and hope that you will reap more than you have planted. You can sometimes even find rare berries you can't buy. Oh, where do you get berries. I think The Item Shop! stocks them.
Anyway now that you have an overview of what you will be doing at the garden. I can explain a little more needed information, before you move on.
You can buy plots and other assorted items for gardening at the store. But first you have to buy a starter kit first. My husband will show you how to care for your garden and make sure your plants grow. If you ever have a question you can ask me here.

Store Front

Oh hello, I am Sarah. Me and my Tangrowth run the shop here.
Here is our current selection.

Garden Stater Kit [$40]
Includes one plot, one berry and all the tools you need to start gardening.

Small Fertilizer [$5]
This fertilizer ups your chances of getting more than two or more berries by 20%. Used on one plot.

Medium Fertilizer [$23]
This fertilizer ups your chances of getting more than two or more berries by 20%. Used on five plots.

Large Fertilizer [$45]
This fertilizer ups your chances of getting more than two or more berries by 20%. Used on ten plots.

Grandma's Secret Potion [$10]
This special potion instantly grows your berries to harvest. Used on one plot.

Large Grandma's Secret Potion [$45]
This special potion instantly grows your berries to harvest. Used on five plots.

New Plot [$15]
Add a new plot to your garden.

Gardening Tutorial

Hey, the name is Jeremy. I will show you how to take care of your garden.
Below is how a typical garden will look like.
Quote:
DINO
Spoiler:
[30η/50η

Plot 1: Fallow
Plot 2: Fallow
Plot 3: Plowed
Plot 4: Oran Berry Planted [#/#/##]
Plot 5: Oran Berry Planted [#/#/##] *Fertilized
Plot 6: Harvest? [#/#/##]

Inventory:
Medium Fertilizer (3/5)
Grandma's Secret Potion [x2]
Oran Berry [x3]
Cheri Berry
You might be staring at that like, what in the world, but trust me it is quite simple.

The first thing to appear is an image of your garden. I will now explain what each tile means.

This if fallow land. It is land that has supported a tree, which is now gone. It has hardened from the sun and if not fit for plants. To make it fit for plants you must plow it, which I will explain later.

This land is plowed. It is suitable to be planted on.

This plot is one that has a berry planted in it. Berries are ready to harvest two days after posting.

This is a berry ready to be harvested. You will have to collect it quickly before they rot. They rot two days after falling off.

Underneath you will also see the text describing the garden. This is mainly for me to keep track of what is going on in your garden, but the dates will also be helpful to you as well.

Tasks like plowing, planting, and harvesting take energy.
You get 50 energy points (η) a day.
Now to costs.
Plowing 7η
Planting 5η
Harvesting 5η
Simple right.
Also if you are going to be absent for a while. You can post it here and a gardener will take make sure your fruit doesn't rot.

Well two more things to cover.
Items.
Fertilizers need to be applied at the same time your plant your berry.
Secret potions can be applied anytime your plants are in the growing stage.
Berries will stay in your inventory here. If you would like to take them out so you can use them for battles you must post it here. Once done, you may put your berries on your ASB stats, then attach them to pokemon from there. So you may only use berries stored here for planting. You can always add berries back into the garden inventory from your ASB inventory, by posting your doing so.
[x#] - This symbolizes how many items of that you have.
(#/#) - This symbolizes how many times you have used the item/to how many times the item can be used.

Now here is a post that shows you how to perform actions. Please use this format.
Quote:
Plow - Plot 1
Plow - Plot 2
Harvest - Plot 6

Money: 50η - 7η - 7η - 5η = 31η
That simple, just post the actions then calculate the energy.

THIS IS MATH! RUN AWAY!
Spoiler:
Harvest.
Roll 1-100 when they harvest a plot.
[1-10] What? How did you find an Apricot. Well I'll give you $5 for it.
[11-50] You found just one ____ berry.
[51-70] Yes! You found two ____ berries
[71-85] Wow! You harvested three ____ berries.
[86-95] Hrm. Seems as if a pokemon ate the berry already. ~
[94-100] That is a really rare berry you found. Congrats on your _____ berry. *

Fertilized Harvest.
Roll 1-100 when they harvest a fertilized plot.
[1-10] What? How did you find an Apricot. Well I'll give you $5 for it.
[11-30] You found just one ____ berry.
[31-60] Yes! You found two ____ berries
[61-85] Wow! You harvested three ____ berries.
[86-95] Hrm. Seems as if a pokemon ate the berry already. ~
[94-100] That is a really rare berry you found. Congrats on your _____ berry. *

~
Roll again.
[1-5] It seems that pokemon that ate your berry is now your friend. You caught a ______. (basic/baby stage)
[6-100] Seems as if it got away.

Roll [1-29]
1. Occa Berry
2. Passho Berry
3. Wacan Berry
4. Rindo Berry
5. Yache Berry
6. Chople Berry
7. Kebia Berry
8. Shuca Berry
9. Coba Berry
10. Payapa Berry
11. Tanga Berry
12. Charti Berry
13. Kasib Berry
14. Haban Berry
15. Colbur Berry
16. Babiri Berry
17. Chilan Berry
18. Liechi Berry
19. Ganlon Berry
20. Salac Berry
21. Petaya Berry
22. Apicot Berry
23. Lansat Berry
24. Starf Berry
25. Enigma Berry
26. Micle Berry (Raises accuracy once instead of on one move.)
27. Custap Berry
28. Jaboca Berry
29. Rowap Berry

lv.100@1618
Links

Last edited by Dino; 12-31-2012 at 04:34 PM.