View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 06:30 PM
Nitro Offline
Ultra RPG Official

Send a message via AIM to Nitro
Default Re: [WAR X] Pokemon Online Battling

IMPORTANT POST

I have been notified that many of you, if not all of you, are doing your battles in the PO server. I had no problem with which server you used initially, but someone pointed out to me that different servers have different banlists. That's a problem, because in theory (and it has happened in a few battles as well), people are using Pokemon that are banned in Smogon's OU tier (the one we use in this competition), but aren't banned in the OU tier of whichever server are using.

Since we are using Smogon's OU tier, I'm going to have to ask everyone to battle on the Smogon server from here on out, just so what I've designated as our banlist will match the server's banlist. Although you certainly could battle someone in another server and both of you use Pokemon that are allowed in both servers, which means I won't be able to find out you guys used another server from the log, it makes things much simpler if you use the Smogon server. If there's a problem with that, please contact me.

I have decided that prior battles including Pokemon that I said were banned will still count. I suspect that in most cases, if not all of them, the people using the banned Pokemon did not realize they were banned. You were supposed to have looked over the banlist, but I'll let it slip nonetheless.

However, all future battles including a banned anything will be voided. However, that problem will not be one you have to worry about if you battle in the Smogon server. ;) If you can't remember/don't know what the banlist/tiers is/are, please check the main post. There is a link in the Important Links section.