View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 07:21 PM
CM Offline
Dungeon Master

Send a message via AIM to CM
Default Re: ASB Discussion and Suggestions

First off, thank you for not being negative about this. There are things I truly don't understand, and I know that people have their lives away from the computer (unlike me. I'm on almost 24/7 if I'm not playing video games or sleeping X3) so they can't be on as often as other.

I didn't know if the Stats board was monitored, but then again it wouldn't appear that it needed since for a long while people were doing what they needed. I guess I just had nothing better to do so I went through to see if people were using Pokémon they had and if their stats were even up.

I know that there's not a lot we can do with refs and rangers other than take the test ourselves and hopefully pass, but at times it has just gotten so frustrating with waiting. I guess I just needed to rant since I've seen a few active but weren't reffing either a battle or safari. I hope I'm not the only one who felt like that. And for the difficulty of the test, I see the need for it to be difficult. I didn't expect it to be a walk in the park, but I didn't expect to have to think so much. I guess in a way I enjoyed the challenge after it was all said and done.

With the more mods or officials to approve things, I see where you are questioning my view or see that nothing needs to be done about it. But it's not just for the regular members. I had seen some of the mods/officials post things and were never approved in the thread. But then again I haven't looked through the pages lately. When you need something that needs 2 mod/official approvals, and one of them posts something, it takes their stuff longer to be approved. That's something I've noticed since the ASBL was revamped/restarted. At this time I can't give links for examples since I don't have the time to go and find them. (Stupid dentist appointment cutting into my internet time -__-)

In your position, sadly to say there isn't much I could do. We can't force others to post where posts are needed. All I could offer is that since I basically have no life off the internet, I could watch the ASBL while others are off. The difficulty of the tests are needed, though can be irritating for those taking it. But I think that for those who took it and failed, they'd like for the test to be updated more... regularly, for lack of a better term. Waiting for months can discourage them and make them loose interest. Now I'm not saying update it every week. Maybe once every five or six weeks if possible. I've never been a mod or anything on any forum (only being a member of this one and two others, one being taken down for some reason and the other I'm not that active on anymore), so I have no idea the problems that you may face.

Lv100 @ 7896
~Links~