View Single Post
  #1  
Old 08-14-2011, 05:39 PM
WinterVines's Avatar
WinterVines Offline
Ultra RPG Official
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 248
Default Halloween RP Event

National Park Halloween RP Event

Calling All Trainers!

Ten days ago, the Outer Heavens collapsed.

Pillars that were stable for years crashed to the ground and relocated dozens of species of Pokémon to other areas of the Park. Nobody knows why. The resulting shock waves caused a group of underwater caves to be discovered off the north side of the docks. The caves were completely dry and appeared to lead somewhere. Teams were sent out to explore the caverns twelve hours ago, but the paths turned out to be a maze and all scouts have vanished. The last thing we received was a report mentioning the caves inhabit many different Pokémon and that some of them are holding strange items, including these:


These are known as Apricorns, and our R&D team is currently working on manufacturing them into Balls to use in the Park. For now we'll lend you a bag to keep them in, and when they're released we'll have a case available.

What we need you to do is explore the caves and find out what's going on. Make it to the end of the maze and find the missing teams. Be careful though, as you only have a limited about of time to do this. There's some equipment available in the Park Shop in order to help you on your quest.

Be safe and make haste, Trainers.

How It Works

This Event is similar to the Christmas RP Event. Pokémon cannot be captured during the event, and pictures won't yield any money.
  • Make sure you read the rules and have signed up for the Park.
  • The Event will go from September 1st to October 31st or until everyone has finished. It's going to end on time. There's no deadline for signing up. If you want to sign up after the Event starts, that's fine. You won't be disqualified if you don't finish.
  • To participate in this event, go to the Park Shop and purchase the Scarecrow Mask. This is the only item required for this event. Other event items can be purchased if desired.
  • Next, you choose 1 of 3 different paths and sign up for a run with a team of 4 Pokémon. A Ranger will claim your run and take you through the event.
  • The goal of this Event is to make it to the exit of your chosen path as quickly as possible while collecting items for points.
  • The caves consist of a maze path that a Trainer must navigate through by choosing which direction to go. We highly suggest you keep track of your location somehow. A Ranger will point out any landmarks in the room, as well as the available directions. If there is a Pokémon inside, a battle commences.
  • There are 25 Pokémon in each path rolled from all areas and ranks. Pokémon will drop items when defeated. There is a 75% chance for an event item and a 25% chance for an Apricorn. Trainers are allowed to keep any Apricorns found in the event. NOTE: Pokémon cannot be captured on this run. Money will not be rewarded for pictures taken.
  • To fend off a Pokémon, drop its health to 45% or lower.
  • Trainers role play their battles just like on a Park run. The minimum amount of characters a post must have is 500 characters. Keep in mind that quality does affect damage to some degree, though quality will not be strictly enforced.

Winning

In order to win this Event, points will be added up from the items collected from fending off Pokémon. The top scores will be rewarded. I can't tell what the prizes will be since it depends on participation, but the top three got mons last year. Just sayin'.

Keep in mind that for every room you enter there will be 1 point deducted from your score. That includes backtracking into an already-visited room. This is why it's important you keep track of where you are so you don't go down the same path more than once. Making your own map might be helpful.

In rooms with a Pokémon, there's a 75% chance to get an item worth points after fending it off. There's a 25% chance for an Apricorn. Trainers can keep Apricorns they find. Apricorns will be released to everyone after the Event is over.

In rooms without a Pokémon, there is still a 25% chance to pick up an Apricorn.

Event Items:
  • Candy Corn: 2 Points
  • Popcorn Ball: 3 Points
  • Gummy Worms: 4 Points
  • Witch's Broomstick: 5 Points
  • Scarecrow Straw: 7 Points
  • Deformed Pumpkin: 10 Points (Legends will always drop this)

Ranger Info

Please don't start the run until the 1st, but feel free to roll encounter lists ahead of time. Remember to save the lists :3
***Important! A little bit of this information has changed since the removal of Outer Heavens. Encounter lists that have already been rolled are not affected and can remain as such. New lists just use the new category rolls.

Spoiler:

On claiming a run, a map of their chosen path will be sent to you, along with any landmarks. Your job is to guide a Trainer through the rooms according to what direction they choose to go. Be sure to keep track of where the Trainer is and note how many rooms they go through so the proper amount of points are kept.

Important: Since Trainers can't catch any Pokémon they encounter, they don't need super detailed posts. As long as you can under stand the post it's okay. Be a little lenient when damaging the Trainer's mons, and give them a little slack when damaging wilds. We don't want a bunch of Trainers having their teams wiped halfway through the event. Long story short, don't be too harsh.

The 25 mons encountered in the path will be randomly rolled just like an encounter list. You only have to do one more roll for area first. Another Ranger much witness these rolls and post it here. After you have the mon list, randomly roll which rooms to put them in. The rooms are numbered on the maps.

Areas:
1. Great Lakes
2. Woods
3. Mt. Deckbi
4. Botanic Gardens
5. Abandoned Power Plant
6. Mt. Oktori
7. Meteor Valley

Because Rangers have to know what the maps look like for each path, a separate map will be available for Rangers that want to go on a run. I can take any Rangers that want to take part because I won't be participating, but if any other Rangers want to volunteer to give up going on a run to take their colleagues, let me know and I'll see if I can arrange some sort of mini-bonus for being a good sport.

After defeating a mon, roll a die to see what item they pick up. Keep track of all items collected, points earned, and Pokémon encountered.
1-75: Point Item
76-100: Apricorn

Event Point Items:
1-30: Candy Corn
31-50: Popcorn Balls
51-70: Gummy Worms
71-85: Witch's Broomstick
86-95: Scarecrow Straw
96-100: Deformed Pumpkin

Legends will always drop a Deformed Pumpkin, but it can be rolled as well.

Apricorns:
1: Black
2: Blue
3: Red
4: Yellow
5: White

Note: Rangers do not need to role play for this run. Rangers should instead calculate and post stats similar to the Christmas Event RP. Be sure to include which directions are available, any landmarks in the room, and which Pokémon (if any) they encountered. Pay will be arranged after the event is over.

Logs are to be kept in this thread, separate from your normal ones.

Example Post
Spoiler:

P#10

Next Room:
-You enter from the East.
-There is an Exit to the North
-There is an Exit to the West
-There is a pile of seashells on the ground.

---

Battle Stats:

??? ??? Honchkrow: 100% [Charging Icy Wind]

----

Trainer: Winter
Route: 3
Items: Energy Powder Plus x3, Super Potion x5, Park Ball x2, Digital Camera
Event Items: Candy Corn, Popcorn Ball, Candy Corn, Deformed Pumpkin
Points Earned: 17
Rooms Entered: 6 (This will include repeat rooms)
Pokémon Encountered: Vanillite, Ferrothorn, Jynx, Arceus, Honchkrow

Pokémon Stats

Haji (M) - Espeon - 87%
Ability: Magic Bounce
Nature: Calm
TM/HM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind, Reflect, Light Screen, Substitute, Protect, Psyshock
BM/SM/MT: Heal Bell, Stored Power, Signal Beam, Growth

Haxbat (M) - Crobat - 65%
Ability: Infiltrator
Nature: Careful
TM/HM: U-turn, Roost, Protect, Taunt, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power Grass, Steel Wing
BM/SM/MT: Quick Attack, Brave Bird, Nasty Plot, Heatwave, Super Fang, Hypnosis, Zen Headbutt



Extras

We'll be using this thread to sign up for runs, but Rangers will post individual threads in the Mission Event Pokémon RP sub-forum.

Sample Trainer Sign Up:

Name:
Route:
Items:
Event Items: (Scarecrow Mask required)
Pokémon:

Shop Event Items:

Scarecrow Mask (Required) – $1,000 (Limit 1)
-This mask is fitted with a breathing device and will extend the life of your Pokémon.
-Heals active Pokémon 10% after each battle

Crystal Ball - $1,500 (Limit 1)
-This device points the way to the exit.
-2 uses; will point the compass direction of where the exit of the maze is located from the current room.

Egg Bomb - $500 (Limit 3)
-This item successfully scares off any mon.
-Note: If used, an item will not be dropped.

Magic Mirror - $2,500 (Limit 1)
-This object makes a magical copy of the picked up item.
-2 uses; doubles the item you pick up.

Pumpkin Marker - $500 (Limit 3)
-Create your own landmarks with these handy pumpkin ornaments.
-Note: These pumpkins cannot be told apart.


Remember in order to be courteous to both Trainer and Ranger to try and post every couple of days at the minimum. A friendly reminder over AIM or the Forums can alert someone if they're in need of posting. If anyone needs a replacement Ranger, it can be done here.

You have from September 1st to October 31st to get as much of the run done as you can. Sign ups are open and done in this thread.

Be sure to post any questions/concerns/comments in this thread and have fun ^^

The Event is now underway, but it's not too late to sign up! Rangers feel free to post up threads now.

Participants:
1. Nitro (Muddy)
2. Gman (Syn)
3. SLC (Buoy)
4. Bee (Winter)
5. Monbrey (Chainy)
6. Chainy (Winter)
7. Neon (Buoy)
8. Ebail (Winter)
9. ATF (Ebail)
10. Silver (Ebail)
11. Mav (Web)
12. Seq (Bee)
13. Syn (Nitro)


Happy Halloween from the National Park Staff!
__________________

(chainreactionrpg) RANGER GODDESS KNOWS YOUR THOUGHTS

“Ooooh, can we go by the Butterfree exhibit dad?” Chain asked. “I just love when they tickle my nose.”
-"Day at the Zoo" by Bumblebee

Ask me to Ref or be your Ranger. AIM: WinterVines

Last edited by WinterVines; 10-27-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Reply With Quote