View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 07:47 PM
White Knight Offline

Default Re: Sabi vs Tsuna

I got off my Altaria, who looked happy to be finished. It had taken a long time to fly up to the floating field, and she wasn’t exactly the strongest of all my Pokemon. Feeding her a Pokeblock, I eagerly awaited the two contenders for which I would be reffing. This did not take long; just a minute later one of them arrived. A huge Charizard landed on the field, roaring. A girl dismounted, recalling her dragon-beast. It was Saraibre Ryu, but before she could say anything her opponent arrived. A large firey bug landed gracefully on the other side, shaking debris out of its fur. A boy got off, obviously shaken. He returned his Volcarona back to its ball, and they both awaited the battle. I grabbed my flag and whistle from my bag, then gave a quick tweet. The battle had begun. They both instantly threw pokeballs into the air, and they opened on the ground with a flash. On one side, a kangaroo-like warrior stood, with a tiny baby in her pouch. Flexing her muscles, she looked ready to fight. Her opponent was equally scary; a mongoose like Pokemon emerged, testing his huge claws. This was going to be quite the battle…

ROUND ONE

Saraibre Ryu

[Kanya]Kangaskhan(F)
Ability: Scrappy
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Moves: Fake Out~Focus Punch

Tsuna

[-]Zangoose(M)
Ability: Immunity
Energy: 100%
Moves: Taunt~Substitute@25%

Although the two normal types were similar in speed, Kangaskhan moved first. She prepared her move; although it was a weak one, it should prevent that pesky mongoose from pulling any tricks. She began to run, moving quickly despite her large frame. When she was a few feet ahead of him, she leaped in the air. Turning as she did so, the parent pokemon clapped her hands in front of Zangoose’s face, creating a shock wave. It blew Zangoose away, almost making him fall off the stage. He got back up, but still looked frazzled; the move had scared him.
(-8% Health, -3% Energy, next move fails)
Although Zangoose tried to follow his trainer’s orders, he was still too scared. Cowering in fear over his taller foe, he simply sat on the field and tried not to look at Kangaskhan. She laughed; everything was going exactly to plan. However, her next move would require her to wait; in the meantime Zangoose’s trainer would probably have time to talk some sense into him…
(Fake Out makes this move fail.)
By the time he was expected to perform his next move, Tsuna had screamed at Zangoose enough for him to conquer his fears. Although Zangoose wasn’t exactly cured, this next move would certainly help him to get over it. He focused all of his might, clenching his fists as he did so. Suddenly in a flash of light Zangoose was gone, but quickly reappeared. What Kangaskhan didn’t know was that this was merely a clone of the real Zangoose, who had hidden quietly in a tree. This was going to be interesting…
(-25% Health, -9% Energy, Sub@25%)
Sabi had expected a gimmick such as Substitute, and her move perfectly reflected it. While Zangoose had been charging up for his move, Kangaskhan had been preparing a move of her own. It was a move that required extreme focus; if she was hit while she was focusing, the move would fail. However, Zangoose had not even left a scratch on her; perfect for a Focus Punch. Her fist glowed a light blue as she charged the clone, hitting it with a powerful uppercut. The substitute exploded into a puff of smoke as Zangoose stepped back onto the field, not feeling so confident.
(-29% Health(sub breaks), -19% Energy)

ROUND END
Saraibre Ryu

[Kanya]Kangaskhan(F)
Ability: Scrappy
Energy: 78%
Mood: OH YES!

Tsuna

[-]Zangoose(M)
Ability: Immunity
Health: 75%
Energy: 91%
Mood: d00d, wtf. :I

Referee Notes
Fake Out’s accuracy roll was 5, with 1-100 hitting,
Fake Out makes Zangoose flinch.
Substitute needs no rolling.
Focus Punch’s accuracy roll was 88, with 1-100 hitting.
Saraibre Ryu, your moves please?

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Last edited by White Knight; 08-31-2011 at 06:14 PM.