View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 01:51 AM
White Knight Offline

Default Re: Lord Fedora vs. Saraibre Ryu

I got off my Braviary with a sharp yelp; he had accidentally nipped me in the back of my neck as he pulled me off. Returning him to his ball, I looked around at where the letter had sent me. It had come in the mail just three days ago, instructing me to be here right now. After scouting for a little while longer, I discovered a huge wooden gate, which had already been opened. Poking my head in, I saw two impatient looking trainers; apparently I was late. Pokemon had already been released, and they looked rather impatient as well.Stumbling in, I declared the rules as I reached for my flag and whistle. With a quick check that everything was in order, the battle began.

ROUND ONE

Lord Fedora

[Athena]Swablu(F)
Ability: Natural Cure
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Moves: Mist~Cotton Guard

Saraibre Ryu

[Asharas]Charmeleon(M)
Ability: Blaze
Sig Move: Flare Blaze
Energy: 100%
Moves: Dragon Dance~Flame Charge/Smokescreen

Asharas moved first, flexing his claws. He prepared a move that didn’t come easily to him; dancing wasn’t his favorite. Nevertheless, he began to move, channeling his inner draconic motions. He moved faster and faster, twirling in a way that looked funny but quickly turned ominous. The fire type summoned clouds around him, dancing faster and faster. His eyes bugged out as he was overcome by the power, and the clouds disappeared. Although he was no longer dancing, he could still feel its effects. This battle was going to get interesting…
(-4% Energy, +1 ATK, +1 SPD)
Although Athena’s move would have worked perfectly if she went first, she began to perform it anyways. She thought about her home, where it was always shrouded in a thick cloud of fog. Taking in a deep breath, she focused on the mist that she was constantly surrounded by. With a huge exhale, she blew tiny crystals of ice into the air, which formed a thin mist around the area. Asharas wasn’t exactly sure what had happened, as it hadn’t done anything to him. However, as long as he wasn’t hurt it was a good sign. He shrugged, then set to performing his next move.
(-7% Energy, No stat boosts or falls for user.)
Asharas wasn’t exactly sure if his move would work; would his smoke penetrate the Mist? He had no choice but to find out; his trainer would be furious if he disobeyed. The fire type lowered the flames on his tail, concentrating his firepower internally. His stomach began to fill with smoke as his inner cinders burnt out, and when he had enough he couldn’t stop himself from coughing. With a paw raised, he slashed and exhaled deeply, releasing all of the smoke in his system. However, the existing mist overrid it; it had no effect.
(Mist blocks it. -2% Energy)
Athena’s next move was a fun one. Her wings, made of cottony fluff, began to grow. Not even she could stop it, so she just let them enlarge. They grew to triple their normal size, covering her entire body. With a swift motion, she picked most of the cotton off of both her wings. Asharas was a bit confused, but slightly entertained and let it go on. Working with her dexterous beak, she began to rip balls of cotton off of the huge swabs and pile them around her. Placing the final one on the top, she was finally content. A mass of cotton surrounded her on all sides, creating an impenetrable defense. It would be way harder to hit her now…
(-4% Energy, +3DEF)

ROUND END

Lord Fedora

[Athena]Swablu(F)
Ability: Natural Cure
Energy: 89%
Mood: Uber-safe.

Saraibre Ryu

[Asharas]Charmeleon(M)
Ability: Blaze
Sig Move: Flare Blaze
Energy: 94%
Mood: Lawlz whatta noob hidin behind yo cotton.

Referee Notes
I had to roll nothing for this. It was heaven.
Lord Fedora, your moves please?

Thanks Pokemon Trainer Sarah!
ASB|VPP

Last edited by White Knight; 09-01-2011 at 03:45 AM.